+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Reading v Rams

Matchday Thread: Reading v Rams

SURELY we can't go four wins on the trot?

Checking out social media, suddenly Derby have become everyone's second team (apart from Leeds fans, who for the most part are getting even more bitter than usual), I'm just hoping our players don't start to believe their own press too much and stay focussed

Me? 2-0 Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    SURELY we can't go four wins on the trot?

Checking out social media, suddenly Derby have become everyone's second team
    I doubt it, but you’re right...I live pretty much equidistant between Pride Park and the Britannia and was talking to a neighbouring Stoke supporter who confessed that he was quite happy that Derby won last week because he really wanted us to manage the ‘Great Escape’.

Suspect you’re also right about us not managing ‘four wins on the trot’...partly because my pessimistic approach has worked out okay recently and also because I’ve lost count of how many times Reading have proved to be our bogey team at PP. 0-2 Reading. Hope I’m wrong...again!

Lawrence likes a goal away to Reading... 1-0 Rams

They have had serious problems with Covid and I expect them to have a weakened side out and start sluggishly, as did Stoke, due to lack of matches. 0-2.

Well after the now traditional 5 buckfasts (hic) I say 1-0 to the Rams!

Wow...so we were all wrong...but what a comeback. No shortage of effort again and sounds deserved.

We should have won but that's not too deny the fighting spirit that earned us a late point. The never say die attitude may not save the day but it sure raises the spirits.
    Let's hope the Admin can find the right buyer before the vultures start picking off our superb young uns!

Here is a WhatsApp message I sent to a mate directly after their first goal

QUOTE If they take the free kick from where the dubious foul was, 15 yards closer to their goal, they wouldn't have scored. UNQUOTE

Here's an FB post I did at half time

QUOTE Same ref as the home game against Reading. He was pro Reading that game. This one, 5 minutes player goes through Byrne, no foul given, 7 minutes Fozzy gets tripped, no foul 44 minutes Byrne fouled on the edge of their box, not given. Their goal? They take a free kick 15 yards forward of where the foul was committed and get away with it, Carroll heads on, great strike from Hoilett. Take the free kick from the right place and they probably don't score. Like I said, same ref. UNQUOTE

That ref did both the home and the away Reading games this season. IMO in both matches he was less severe against them as he was against us. I hope we don't get him again.

Right, that's all the negativity out of the way. We had more possession than them, more shots, more shots on target. We deserved something from the game. We deserved that from our 2nd half performance. 1st half we looked good up to the last 3rd then we ran out of ideas. What about the spirit though? Never gave up. Kept on going despite still being 2 down 5 minutes from time. It ended 2-2, might have been 3-2 had we got the Festy penalty and I think it was one but the ref wasn't close so I can understand it not being given. If we ahd VAR we would have got it IMO. At the other end they had a shout for the Curtis handball late on. There are refs who would have given it, I wouldn't have. No arm to ball movement. The arms weren't spread with the intent of making a wider block for eventual shots. Accidental hands, no penalty. VAR would agree with that IMO.

That's 10 points from the last 4 games. Very encouraging. I still view the Great Escape as an unlikely possibility but Rams don't quit and the rotund rockstar hasn't even started to clear her throat yet.

DTID.

On the "handball": if it didn't hit CDs arm, it would've struck Carrols arm, so there was no advantage. I know that's not in the rules, but I don't care.
    Brilliant performance, never felt like we were beaten.
    Also thought their 2nd goal was not a free kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    On the "handball": if it didn't hit CDs arm, it would've struck Carrols arm, so there was no advantage. I know that's not in the rules, but I don't care.
    Brilliant performance, never felt like we were beaten.
    Also thought their 2nd goal was not a free kick.
    I have doubts about the first one as well. Doubtful dree kick in the first place and then the ref allows them to take it at least 15 yards further forward than where the "offence" took place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)