+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Injuries and loans

Injuries and loans

The picture has been so chaotic recently that I don't really know who is available. So who is currently injured and who is out on loan (and where?) Please don't include Owen Dale.😠

Adebisi out for a few weeks. So Ainley or MacFadzean (currently also injured)...what a choice!
    Why not Travis, who has actually played there and has pace?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Adebisi out for a few weeks. So Ainley or MacFadzean (currently also injured)...what a choice!
    Why not Travis, who has actually played there and has pace?
    Not MacFadzean please. Johnson could play there. I would like to see Ainley just behind the front 2. I think he has the trickery to profit from that position. His goal return would be better.

Couldn't agree more!

Couldn't agree more!

Macfazdean, Gomes and Thomas have all been duff signings and for a club with a tiny budget this is simply not good enough. I think playing Johnson there is repeating the mistakes of playing Adebisi on the right (so this will probably happen as we seem not to learn) a quality LB required at least 2 if not 3 midfielders if Lowery leaves 1 of the midfielders must be attacking and 1 or 2 strikers if Mandron leaves. Again the pessimist in me says it will be 2 in at the most and we will have to go with what we have, and we have to except and expect certain relegation. We certainly seem to have had a lot of bad signings, and bad luck with injuries and illnesses this year which does expose the small squad that we have, and the club seriously has to address the lack of serious investment in the first team I would like to see 6 of the academy players in the first backed up by experienced pros that we have had to pay a transfer fee for not washed up old has beens/Stroke mercenaries which has been eluded to by a major sponsor and board member this season.
    We need to find the balance between correctly funding the academy not at the expense of the first team which has been all to apparent this season we have sold a lot of players for which the transfer fee funds have not been fairly distributed because surely if adequate funds had been allocated to the first team we would not be watching the dire fare we are having to put up with this season where we have more than our fair share of very poor professional footballers this is where paying peanuts gets you.

I agree to an extent but surely Porter cannot be classed as a mercenary. I also think Long has been unlucky
    though not a surprise. Certain 'senior professionals' at the back can go now as far as I'm concerned, tho'.

I agree to an extent but surely Porter cannot be classed as a mercenary. I also think Long has been unlucky
    though not a surprise. Certain 'senior professionals' at the back can go now as far as I'm concerned, tho'.

No absolutely not and to be honest I would probably give him another year contract in league 2 as a back up striker and experience for our younger strikers. The mercenaries I refer to are Daniels, Thomas, Macfazdean and Gomes.

I notice Woodthorpe is out with an ankle injury. That is quite a number of ankle injuries from a variety of players. Is there a problem with training techniques or maybe the boots that players are wearing?