+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tarkowski.

Tarkowski wants to go - Terrier Taxis will take him and his luggage wherever he wants to go.

BT What if he says to Israel? Those Pally's are stone throwers....and we want those taxi's to be in working order. Any time soon (?)
    New Players could arrive?

https://www.claretandhugh.info/crunc...plus-on-table/

I do not know what to make of this if it reads, '' knowing Irons have their sights trained on him as a potential replacement for Ogbonna, out for the rest of this season with a cruciate knee ligament injury.'' I do not know this Ogbonna, but ''a potential replacement''?

What happens when Ogbonna is fit again ,what would happen to Tarks , ( to sit on the bench? ) What would he then be, after Ogbonna returns, to be No 2? Thus to have a season of games sitting on the bench? Sitting for a length of time does not do anything good for your confidence.

If Tarkowsky wishes to leave then we should let him go for a reasonable fee. From the games I have seen this season I don't think he will be greatly missed, Collins has been just as good in the games he has played.

If we let Tarkowsky go and signed Phillips from Liverpool I would be more than happy, look to the future for a change. An additional bonus is that it would deprive Watford of having Phillips.

As far as I am concerned if we can get 8m for him now let him go. Collins will do admirably as well. Tarky has been a great player for us without doubt. However, he doesn't want to be here and that has become more obvious in his performances of late. Some say we need him to stave off relegation. The facts of the matter are that if he is leaving at the end of the season in reality he is not going to be too concerned if we get relegated or not. Collins on the other hand in view of the fact he has not been here long and wants Premiership Football next year will give it his all. Why lose 8m when his replacement is waiting in the wings? Be just our luck to hang on to Tarky and if he had a serious injury we could end up paying his wages for a considerable time thereafter. Then he walks away!

Newcastle are trying to sign some expensive CB from Seville. Doesn't seem like they have much interest in Tarko. Did they ever ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Newcastle are trying to sign some expensive CB from Seville. Doesn't seem like they have much interest in Tarko. Did they ever ?
    We need to stop fannying about and get him sold.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We need to stop fannying about and get him sold.
    Maybe the time we could have sold him has come and gone. Why pay money for him now when you can sign him for free in summer ? It would suit Tarko and his agent as well, if he doesn't cost a transfer fee he can ask for a bigger signing on fee.

It may be in some club's interest to pay a bit for him now than enter a free for all when he's out of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    It may be in some club's interest to pay a bit for him now than enter a free for all when he's out of contract.
    Way he's playing Chris, if he doesn't buck up, there won't be a free for all. No one wants a liability, even for free.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMMY BUBBLY View Post
    As far as I am concerned if we can get 8m for him now let him go. Collins will do admirably as well. Tarky has been a great player for us without doubt. However, he doesn't want to be here and that has become more obvious in his performances of late. Some say we need him to stave off relegation. The facts of the matter are that if he is leaving at the end of the season in reality he is not going to be too concerned if we get relegated or not. Collins on the other hand in view of the fact he has not been here long and wants Premiership Football next year will give it his all. Why lose 8m when his replacement is waiting in the wings? Be just our luck to hang on to Tarky and if he had a serious injury we could end up paying his wages for a considerable time thereafter. Then he walks away!
    I
    Understand yours and others opinions re Tarky but to be fair because he’s leaving and he made a mistake last week it’s heightened the criticism and frustration.
    You see I’m a bit more to his partner in crime Mee who imo is worse than Tarky - has lost what pace he had and makes too many rash decisions, goes to ground too easily and constantly dives in.

So if someone offered 8 million for him I’d accept before Tarky - a few on here have forgotten his statistics up to just a few short weeks back , most interceptions most block tackles , most headed clearances

You don’t become a bad player over night is what I think - the lad has served us well .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)