+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Westminster government

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The state pension age being raised again is almost a guarantee. People in my age bracket are likely to never see it the way it's going.

Disclaimer - I'm lucky enough that I'll have other pensions (first one comes into play next year) and should be able to work well past current retirement age assuming my health holds up. Just as well because I'll never afford full retirement.
    Im unusual because I stopped so young but I love life, never ever loved work, kinda jealous of folk that managed to have careers that did that.

Thing is if you are never gonna see it, why should you fund it.

It's you that funds the current state pensioners, just as they funded the generation previous but if you ain't gonna see it or are too auld to get much out of it.....why should you find current pensioners?

Exactly how I feel society is going. More and more opportunity is being removed from the younger working population whilst the older, retired population on pensions (admittedly they've earned those pensions but not the price reductions and freebies that go with age) sit raking in more than they're due and not caring because they feel they've 'done their bit for society'. They absolutely haven't done their bit, they're the ones with the experience and knowledge that should be guiding younger people toward a better future.

Right now I feel my pension, if I ever get there, isn't going to benefit me but will have to be managed to provide for my kids and possibly even Grandkids once I go because there's nothing for them as it stands other than a future under the heel of politicians who 'know best'.
    That's worrying Deeranged. All the old people I know are worried about the following generations. They think schools need to get back to a proper curriculum and children need to be encouraged to take every bit of help that schools can deliver.
    I don't encounter, ever, any old people who think they deserve preferential treatment on the basis of their age.
    It needs old people to stick up for our political parties and local democracy. We can't throw in the towel and just be block of votes that can be bought and sold.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    That's worrying Deeranged. All the old people I know are worried about the following generations. They think schools need to get back to a proper curriculum and children need to be encouraged to take every bit of help that schools can deliver.
    I don't encounter, ever, any old people who think they deserve preferential treatment on the basis of their age.
    It needs old people to stick up for our political parties and local democracy. We can't throw in the towel and just be block of votes that can be bought and sold.
    If pensioners don't think they deserve preferential treatment they should pay their way on buses, refuse OAP discounts and request that those discounts are passed on to those that are in more need than they are.

Will any of them do it? No.

Will I do it when it's my time? Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Im unusual because I stopped so young but I love life, never ever loved work, kinda jealous of folk that managed to have careers that did that.

Thing is if you are never gonna see it, why should you fund it.

It's you that funds the current state pensioners, just as they funded the generation previous but if you ain't gonna see it or are too auld to get much out of it.....why should you find current pensioners?
    I'm in a job that I enjoy and can do until the day I croak, again assuming the work is there which it likely will be.

Correct about the state pension (of course you are). I pick up my RAF pension as of February next year and the tax / NI payers, including myself, will be funding that. Irony is I'll still be paying out more in tax than I get back every year then will be taxed on the pension again.

I'll thank myself for my contribution when my tax bill comes in every year. I won't thank the other tax payers for their contributions because I'll have 'earned it' from them by keeping them free................................ oh, wait a minute.

Inflation may well edge double figures (the true inflation that Islay bangs on about), mortgage rates are bound to head north very soon.

One of the things I expect to happen very shortly with not very much grace period is raising of state pension age to 70.....I reckon anyone under 60 now will have to wait to 70.
    Been thinking about inflation. Some clever devil is going to have to think of a non interest rate system to try to keep the finances of us all in balance. Energy taxes are great when you own the energy supply systems but if it just a tax on some imported gas from Russia, for example, there is no upside. Quantative Easing which helped to pull us through the 2008 Stock Market realignment does not seem likely to be available to work to solve the next financial crash. Just have to try to encourage a can do spirit and find a way of fixing the one party state that we see in Scotland.

Been thinking about inflation. Some clever devil is going to have to think of a non interest rate system to try to keep the finances of us all in balance. Energy taxes are great when you own the energy supply systems but if it just a tax on some imported gas from Russia, for example, there is no upside. Quantative Easing which helped to pull us through the 2008 Stock Market realignment does not seem likely to be available to work to solve the next financial crash. Just have to try to encourage a can do spirit and find a way of fixing the one party state that we see in Scotland.
    My energy bill up 21% since last December.

But let's plough on to nett zero.

I'm in a job that I enjoy and can do until the day I croak, again assuming the work is there which it likely will be.

Correct about the state pension (of course you are). I pick up my RAF pension as of February next year and the tax / NI payers, including myself, will be funding that. Irony is I'll still be paying out more in tax than I get back every year then will be taxed on the pension again.

I'll thank myself for my contribution when my tax bill comes in every year. I won't thank the other tax payers for their contributions because I'll have 'earned it' from them by keeping them free................................ oh, wait a minute.
    If I mind right the RAF pension gets an "uplift" at age 55.

If you are serious about political change then the place to start is the May local elections. Every business has to realise that the corruption of democracy at Holyrood means that they can no longer stand on the side. The only thing politicians understand is losing their seats.
    They will likely continue to win elections. The SNP are a cult not a political party. The average SNP cultist doesn 't care about anything other than gaining independence preferring to ignore political scandals, the SNP nanny state, the higher taxes in Scotland, the totally undeniable fact that we will be worse off financially if we are stupid enough to fall for their lies and vote for independence and the fanatical controlling nature of our Sturgeonfuhrer.

The SNP cultists are a mixture of three groups. Firstly those who blindly agree with and believe the nonsense and propaganda spouted by the Sturgeonfuhrer and her fanatical followers. Secondly a group that are worried about our ability to survive outside the UK but are willing to go along with said Sturgeonfuhrer etc. and lastly a substantial proportion that know independence is foolhardy in the extreme, unviable and downright dangerous but who dont give a toss because the Cult is their reason to exist.

If I mind right the RAF pension gets an "uplift" at age 55.
    Lump sum at 60 then monthly 'payment' for me. Not worth a whole lot to be fair because I wasn't a lifer.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    They will likely continue to win elections. The SNP are a cult not a political party. The average SNP cultist doesn 't care about anything other than gaining independence preferring to ignore political scandals, the SNP nanny state, the higher taxes in Scotland, the totally undeniable fact that we will be worse off financially if we are stupid enough to fall for their lies and vote for independence and the fanatical controlling nature of our Sturgeonfuhrer.

The SNP cultists are a mixture of three groups. Firstly those who blindly agree with and believe the nonsense and propaganda spouted by the Sturgeonfuhrer and her fanatical followers. Secondly a group that are worried about our ability to survive outside the UK but are willing to go along with said Sturgeonfuhrer etc. and lastly a substantial proportion that know independence is foolhardy in the extreme, unviable and downright dangerous but who dont give a toss because the Cult is their reason to exist.
    I am quite hopeful that Scottish Labour will make a big return to popularity. That's all that needs to happen is for Labour to aspire to the traditional values of the left and drop the class rhetoric. It's what you stand for that counts and business people will be wanting a worker sympathetic government. SNP are in a difficult spot. Don't think many will be rushing to independence. Don't think the time is right for Indyref2. So what do you do?
    As Rross has said what happens if England sails on as they are, with similar disease outcomes as ourselves. Live with it. That does not suit the SNP and Welsh with their morally superior approach.
    A couple of more weeks and it should be clear if we have been lied to and the chief mouthpiece might reap a very quick fall from grace.
    Interesting times!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)