+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January “Additions”

January “Additions”

Bruno said he wanted a CB, a winger and a forward this transfer window to feel good about the team.

The front office has recalled Dion Sanderson from Brum and Ryan Giles from Cardiff. MGW to come back from Sheffield United as our forward?

We typically haven’t been big spenders in the January window under Fosun but I feel that we should spend a little this year. Bruno has gotten the most out of this season IMO. We clearly need a bit more to take a step forward. Maybe they wait til the summer to make some significant additions. But if that’s the strategy, why didn’t they spend more this past summer?

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Bruno said he wanted a CB, a winger and a forward this transfer window to feel good about the team.

The front office has recalled Dion Sanderson from Brum and Ryan Giles from Cardiff. MGW to come back from Sheffield United as our forward?

We typically haven’t been big spenders in the January window under Fosun but I feel that we should spend a little this year. Bruno has gotten the most out of this season IMO. We clearly need a bit more to take a step forward. Maybe they wait til the summer to make some significant additions. But if that’s the strategy, why didn’t they spend more this past summer?
    I don't expect anything big to happen, incoming at least. Maybe a couple of loan to buy deals as previous windows? The one major possibility all over the media is a return for Matt Doherty with Adama moving the other direction with a cash top up. This seems like the usual media speculation surrounding our top players although I wouldn't be entrirely surprised if we sell Adama while we can get decent money for him.

Several Red Tops saying Manchester United want Neves. Personally I don't think he will leave us. As usual with our transfers, we will not know anything until it is signed and sealed.

No one even mentioned Kawabe until he was pictured at Compton in a Wolves shirt. He should help to promote our profile in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Several Red Tops saying Manchester United want Neves. Personally I don't think he will leave us. As usual with our transfers, we will not know anything until it is signed and sealed.

No one even mentioned Kawabe until he was pictured at Compton in a Wolves shirt. He should help to promote our profile in Japan.
    Wouldn’t fault Neves for leaving for Liverpool, Man City, or Chelsea as he’s guaranteed continental football. ManU might finish below us this year so would seem a silly move. They’d have to offer quite a bit for me to be ok with selling him.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    I don't expect anything big to happen, incoming at least. Maybe a couple of loan to buy deals as previous windows? The one major possibility all over the media is a return for Matt Doherty with Adama moving the other direction with a cash top up. This seems like the usual media speculation surrounding our top players although I wouldn't be entrirely surprised if we sell Adama while we can get decent money for him.
    Idk if Doherty improves us much at this point. He’s 29 and only played ~30 matches the past couple seasons. Would seem an odd move for Fosun as we haven’t brought in too many older players under them. Jonny, Ait Nouri, Marcal, Semedo and Hoever have been doing a fine job at the position. Obviously Jonny has been injured quite a bit but idk how much better Doherty is than those players at this point. I’d rather use money from a Traore sale elsewhere in the squad - CB or another attacker

Wouldn’t fault Neves for leaving for Liverpool, Man City, or Chelsea as he’s guaranteed continental football. ManU might finish below us this year so would seem a silly move. They’d have to offer quite a bit for me to be ok with selling him.
    There was an interview in the Portuguese press recently with Neves who stated he is very happy at Wolves but misses Champions League football, and that he hopes he can get there with Wolves, this seems unlikely before his contract runs down. What his comments say to me is his next move will be to a club that can offer Champions League football, if the right offer comes while he's under contract he may go, my instinct is that he won't go to United as they are in turmoil and there's no guarantee of success or Champions League football there.

Idk if Doherty improves us much at this point. He’s 29 and only played ~30 matches the past couple seasons. Would seem an odd move for Fosun as we haven’t brought in too many older players under them. Jonny, Ait Nouri, Marcal, Semedo and Hoever have been doing a fine job at the position. Obviously Jonny has been injured quite a bit but idk how much better Doherty is than those players at this point. I’d rather use money from a Traore sale elsewhere in the squad - CB or another attacker
    I've just read that Athletico Madrid are intrerested in Semedo, maybe that's why we're looking at right sided players?

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    There was an interview in the Portuguese press recently with Neves who stated he is very happy at Wolves but misses Champions League football, and that he hopes he can get there with Wolves, this seems unlikely before his contract runs down. What his comments say to me is his next move will be to a club that can offer Champions League football, if the right offer comes while he's under contract he may go, my instinct is that he won't go to United as they are in turmoil and there's no guarantee of success or Champions League football there.
    That makes sense to me. If I were him, I’d wait til summer. That way he knows what clubs are in UCL and which aren’t. Arsenal are on the brink but no guarantees either way. Not sure where he fits in on Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City. Not a definite upgrade for those teams IMO. Picture is clearer in the summer.

Neves is happy at Wolves. I can't see him moving.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Neves is happy at Wolves. I can't see him moving.
    I hope you’re right Abbo, one things for sure he will never have the rapport with the fans he has here again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)