+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Man Utd - v - Wolves match day thread

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    There is no I in team. That certainly fitted the bill yesterday. Wolves were a team, while United are a group of talented individual players.

I thought it was a brilliant all round performance yesterday, with Neves just simply superb. Many supporters in the media have been calling for Moutinho to be replaced, but yesterday he again was brilliant. For a thirty five year old he showed that there is life in those legs yet.

I thought Bruno managed his subs better on Monday and Silva did well in his cameo. He perhaps deserves a start in the F A Cup.

It must have been fantastic to have been in with the Wolves fans and the journey home just sweet.

A great start to the New Year. Well done everyone.
    Moutinho is far from finished he always shines against the top sides, he deserves a contract extension. If he goes and is inadequately replaced Ruben will probably be off in the next window.

Let's get something straight tonight, Wolverhampton Wanderers were a complete team. Manchester United weren't!

You may have the best player in the World...you may have highly rated World class players, but it doesn't make you a team. There's no 'I' in team, but there are plenty of 'I's' in Manchester United. I can't remember the last time I saw them play as a team and deserve to win.....it's probably years. Yet their glory spectacled fans were out in force again tonight. Most of them couldn't put a pin into a blank map of the UK designating where Manchester is!

I've just got home and watched the pathetic figure of Luke Shaw dribble ****! Crying that they couldn't get a foothold in the game from the first minute til the last. Bemoaning the quality within their ranks. You were outplayed son, by a team, no 'I's' here. Just a team, with togetherness and belief. For the full 90 plus minutes, and despite the will of the officials and ridiculous amount of the usual added time at Old Trafford.

Manchester United don't hold a fear factor any more, they're just another run of the mill club! On the other hand Wolves are a club that doesn't expect guaranteed success, we've had it make no mistake but that's not where we are now. We're content, and it shows in our team.

I just wish the pundits would take more than just a few seconds to praise us. Of course, they all said we played well and deserved to win, but the majority of the time was spent telling us how bad United were. I get it to a point because of the size and expectations of that club, but we made them look poor. It takes two sides to make a match, and our side outthought, outworked and thoroughly outplayed United.
    Last edited by theplater; 04-01-2022 at 04:28 PM.

We have made it a bit easier for Aston Villa now with Shaw and McTominay suspended for their game. There may be a positive reaction off course, but from United there needs to be.

Some interesting comments from United fans, but my favourite " We should be beating average teams like Wolves". If we are average, what does that make them?

The whole Man Utd organization is just a shell. Poorly managed at all levels from the owners down. Basically financially bankrupt by normally accepted standards, a old tired stadium and awful player recruitment based very often not on football talent but on the ability to attract income through advertising and widening the clubs "brand". As Plates said they are not a "team" as such, just a mismatched egotistical travelling circus.

The kind of fans they attract was illustrated by the post game scenes. Just take a look a look at The "Red Cafe" forum, mostly childish internet warriors with no sense of perspective or feel for the history of the game. The reason that Utd articles are all over the newspapers is that all the papers are doing is trying to maximise sales and lets face it London is where most of them live! Tossers!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)