+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tonight's Game

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Yes, I'm finally agreeing on the goalkeeper front especially after the Rotherham game. That was the poorest I have seen Jaskelainen play.

Dave Richards is no better at present maybe time Fred Barber left and we brought in somebody new to eke out some improvement in both of the talented goalkeepers we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Dave Richards is no better at present maybe time Fred Barber left and we brought in somebody new to eke out some improvement in both of the talented goalkeepers we have.
    Yes you could be correct. I think the two goalkeepers are much of a muchness. Certainly over the last few weeks Richards hasn't inspired me at all.The only difference that I can see is that Jaskelainen is more comfortable with the ball at his feet generally.

Biggest problem with both is their reluctance to come off their line. Suspect this may be due to influence of Fred Barber. Time for total change, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Generally agree with your comments Gazan. Can't do long messages like you but will just say, Robertson has to be the second midfielder on our team sheet after Lowery even though he is not one of our own. If Finney appears before him then I really do give up. As for his dawdling for their third goal I will only criticise him if non of his teammates were warning him "man on". I'm not sure anybody was, if so that is criminal and just basics. Also it's taken me a bit of time to realise, but we definitely need a better goalkeeper or maybe a better goalkeeping coach.
    Ditto yesterday, time to visit the whole of the goalkeeping set up and re-assess and the same with Finney.

Agreed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12