+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Game

Tonight's Game

We've already played "Real Madrid" in the league, now it's "Juventus" in the Papa John's". Anybody going? Have we lost before we set foot on the pitch? Mad I know but I will be there hoping. I think that the best we can hope for is penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    We've already played "Real Madrid" in the league, now it's "Juventus" in the Papa John's". Anybody going? Have we lost before we set foot on the pitch? Mad I know but I will be there hoping. I think that the best we can hope for is penalties.

I think the only thing that will stop us getting beaten tonight is the fact Rotherham have their sights set on the FA Cup on Saturday and the League, however our performances in this competition have been a lot better than the league but I think tonight class will tell and 1-3 defeat Porter with the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post

Just seen starting 11 god help us !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Just seen starting 11 god help us !!!!
    Given that we are paying the wages of all these fringe players that have come in tonight, we need to be using them and giving them the chance to stake a claim for a regular place in the starting line up. Either way, we shouldn't be surprised that the manager rings the changes for these matches as we have done throughout the tournament and we shouldn't be too negative. When all said and done some of these young lads will benefit from the experience of playing senior football. Who knows, in a couple of years we could be raving about them!

Plus DA probably thinks some of the young lads who have been playing will benefit from not playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Given that we are paying the wages of all these fringe players that have come in tonight, we need to be using them and giving them the chance to stake a claim for a regular place in the starting line up. Either way, we shouldn't be surprised that the manager rings the changes for these matches as we have done throughout the tournament and we shouldn't be too negative. When all said and done some of these young lads will benefit from the experience of playing senior football. Who knows, in a couple of years we could be raving about them!

Agree with some of the above but I think Thomas and Daniels have both proven already they are not able to stake a claim as they are useless. I am happy with blooding some of the young lads as it gives them experience just a shame you are asking them to carry to much deadwood Thomas, Daniels and I’m afraid Finney included and also Ainley beginning to look not good enough also which is a shame. So it is not being negative just stating a fact about the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Talking to my mate who went to the game last night and always gives me a balanced view he singled out Finney as awful and can’t understand why Artell continues to pick him, Ainley was mainly anonymous (all to familiar assessment of him) Ramsey had an off night Daniels and Thomas both poor and very slow and ponderous.

2 games on the trot that we have had 4 rattled passed us.

Not surprisingly, I totally concur that Finney was worse than a waste of space. I say worse as he was more prominent than usual because twice he was responsible for putting us in danger. I appreciate that he must feel bad and I know I regularly knock him but I really don't understand why he continually gets picked. As he still has a while to go on his contract, I have to say that he MIGHT be useful next season as an impact sub, IF we get relegated. Salisbury didn't have much time on the pitch but I would still pitch into a league match rather than play one recognised striker up front.
    I didn't think the game was all that bad last night. I have to admit that none of the 'senior' players excelled. In fact, once again, it was the youngsters who stood out. O'Riordan certainly makes me happy about the future. Mandron seemed to spend most of the match being shouted at by Artell so, hurry up Wigan, make us an offer and we'll snatch your hands off.
    Robertson is one I don't get. He can be, at times, both amazing and awful within a moment of each other. His was a great goal, but then for their 3rd he dallies unnecessarily just outside our own box and is dispossessed leading to the goal.
    The whole thing leaves me in a quandary: do we give up on the season and play about with the line up to give experience to the youngsters (which, of course, may be negative experience!) ready for them to been thrown in next season at a lower level? OR do we still plug away in hope and makes debuts harder (and therefore less developmental) for our youngsters next season?

Generally agree with your comments Gazan. Can't do long messages like you but will just say, Robertson has to be the second midfielder on our team sheet after Lowery even though he is not one of our own. If Finney appears before him then I really do give up. As for his dawdling for their third goal I will only criticise him if non of his teammates were warning him "man on". I'm not sure anybody was, if so that is criminal and just basics. Also it's taken me a bit of time to realise, but we definitely need a better goalkeeper or maybe a better goalkeeping coach.

Yes, I'm finally agreeing on the goalkeeper front especially after the Rotherham game. That was the poorest I have seen Jaskelainen play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast