+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: £30 million for Lucas Digne?

£30 million for Lucas Digne?

Good player but is he worth that?

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...e-and-west-ham

Can't agent Rafa do us a deal?

I was thinking.....what if Everton sold us Digne and we stayed up and they went down....Darren Farley would have an absolute field day!

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Good player but is he worth that?

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...e-and-west-ham

Can't agent Rafa do us a deal?
    I think in this market he probably he is worth that to be honest - he's a good player from what I've seen of him, rarely injured, has a lot of experience, and is just hitting peak age. Coupled with the fact that it's the January window and we're desperate for improvements to the squad, it seems about right to me. The only concern I have is that while the papers keep talking about him as an attacking fullback, he doesn't have many goals or assists to his name, so it could be a case of a lot of promising runs and little end product. Having said that, we need someone who can defend better than the players we currently have available there, and Digne meets that criteria.

I wonder if we would be looking at him if Lewis hadn’t got injured? He’s come on a ton this season once he’s been given a chance and some direction,2 things he never got from our last manager.

Maybe do a deal, player and money, let agent Rafa take his pick of the deadwood

Everton fans hate him anyway, may as well do a job on them.

It's a shame Lewis got injured as he'd done pretty well in the couple of games he'd been back-who'd have thought a decent coach might be able to get a tune out of some of our players.

But, now he's injured, it's a position we need to fill, and fill well.

I think for £30 million he's worth it. Well he's not but no player is worth the prices club pay these days but in that context, he is worth it.

Would massively improve us.

Although the twitter journo who broke Trippier story has said Digne isn't coming and he is going to a different prem club - infering Chelski.

Reporting that we have bid £22.5 million plus Sean Longstaff

Please Rafa take Sean you love him we could even hoy his brother in as well

Aye, SkySports are reporting S.Longstaff is part of the bid:

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ance-left-back

I wonder if we'll bid for Kamara to replace Longstaff?

Ah, now, y'see, I'd be gutted to see Longstaff leave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)