+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Cal roberts on his way to chesterfield?

Oh it's much more interesting, juicy and perhaps dodgy than just that Pete.

It is my understanding from my trusted sauce that the FL want the assurances you mentioned, yet DCFC have had deals to sell the club to at least two separate parties in the past 18 months but both pulled out/broke down because DCFC are currently being sued by two fellow Championship clubs (allegedly Boro and Wycombe). Boro's reasoning is laughable but putting that to one side nobody will buy the club with these legal proceedings still outstanding. One of the current FL representatives for that league is from Middlesbrough FC. Conflict of interest?

So the FL who are represented on the panel by a Middlesbrough FC employee want assurances that Derby can complete the season aka be sold. But nobody to date will buy them because Middlesbrough (& another) are suing them and it's preventing those assurances from being reached.

It looks like Steve Gibson has them over a barrel.

The waters get far murkier when look at the process undertaken when DCFC perceived financial irregularities were investigated. I'm told the first panel determined them not guilty. So did the second panel. Both with accounting experts on them.

The third, which didn't have saif accounting expert, found them guilty hence the points deductions to date.

Looks like the FL are determined to make an example of DCFC, rightly or wrongly, and are desperate for them to go down as a result. Go Wazza Go!

Saying all that it appears Mr Morris chased a dream, recklessly overspent, and then tried to find a crafty way out of the mess. No chicken or egg situation here, initial blame lies squarely with him in my Rams eyes. Some of this should sound familiar to NCM folk.

But the real juicy part has been what's followed. It's a desperate situation they find themselves in without a doubt.

The above of course is a mixture of my opinion as an outsider and primarily the thoughts of my biased but reliable sauce at the club.

hearing some early Everton noises swirling around Rooney

For anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/ZALbyFSyMyw

https://twitter.com/ella_woodley/sta...426106885?s=24

Combined they give a good summation of the situation and what/who is involved and why.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213