+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal roberts on his way to chesterfield?

Can't see why we'd weaken our team just to strengthen a rival team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottscounty1 View Post
    Get your facts correct before posting such tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I don’t look at how the media treat Forest. The local press are merely keeping us informed of what’s what. I don’t think the rumours regarding Cal or Wootton are false. You only have to look at local (Pompey and Chesterfield) papers with regards to both players. The players aren’t blind or deaf and I would suggest both are being kept abreast of any bids or interest by the club and their own agents.
    Let’s take it as a positive that the first time in a very long time we have players that are good enough to go up through the leagues and are generating interest. Hopefully it’s something we have to get used to as it becomes loner regular.
    Personally I think all the players are happy at Notts and will be happy with what the club decides. Which then makes players being unsettled a mute point.
    I'm of the opinion Notts may cash in on Roberts and reinvest the money back into the sqaud or fend off offers for Ruben or Wooton.

Main reason being, are the Club convinced that 1)Cal can play in this system effectively 2) he's reached the peak of his worth and now is the time to cash in.

It could be argued Ruben, Vincent and Palmer play his position better and with the signing of Brunt too, Cal is far from a guaranteed starting place.

I don’t look at how the media treat Forest. The local press are merely keeping us informed of what’s what. I don’t think the rumours regarding Cal or Wootton are false. You only have to look at local (Pompey and Chesterfield) papers with regards to both players. The players aren’t blind or deaf and I would suggest both are being kept abreast of any bids or interest by the club and their own agents.
    Let’s take it as a positive that the first time in a very long time we have players that are good enough to go up through the leagues and are generating interest. Hopefully it’s something we have to get used to as it becomes loner regular.
    Personally I think all the players are happy at Notts and will be happy with what the club decides. Which then makes players being unsettled a mute point.
    Hmm fair enough. Not living in Notts I don’t see that much of what they have to say or write( the post website being pretty much unreadable) but it seems like Birchnall has been fending off these questions for weeks.

Either way, let’s just hope it doesn’t affect performances much.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    I'm of the opinion Notts may cash in on Roberts and reinvest the money back into the sqaud or fend off offers for Ruben or Wooton.

Main reason being, are the Club convinced that 1)Cal can play in this system effectively 2) he's reached the peak of his worth and now is the time to cash in.

It could be argued Ruben, Vincent and Palmer play his position better and with the signing of Brunt too, Cal is far from a guaranteed starting place.
    I don’t think he’s hit his peak, horrific season for him last season, he’s come back probably trying a bit too hard trying to make up for lost time and also adapting to new positions. The ideal situation for me is similar to Man City (never thought I’d say that) but in that they have a lot of technical players that IB just finds a way to constantly rotate keeping them fresh, hungry and consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I don’t think he’s hit his peak, horrific season for him last season, he’s come back probably trying a bit too hard trying to make up for lost time and also adapting to new positions. The ideal situation for me is similar to Man City (never thought I’d say that) but in that they have a lot of technical players that IB just finds a way to constantly rotate keeping them fresh, hungry and consistent.
    I agree. He’s adapting to a new position, a new style of play all on the back of his toughest year in football. I think he stood out when he first came to the club due to how bad some of the other players were. I don’t look at Notts now and see a player that you wouldn’t want anywhere near the starting line up.
    Some of his passing and creativity in recent weeks has been very good and I for one hope we keep him. Cashing in on a 24 year old with his best years ahead seems bonkers to me unless the offer is too good to be true. Imagine if we sold him for 300k then in 2 years the next team sells him for a million.
    I want the club to make a stance with not letting players we want to keep leave in January. It’s disruptive. By all means assess where we are in the summer and cash in then it needs be.
    January should be seen as a month to strengthen not weaken the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Hmm fair enough. Not living in Notts I don’t see that much of what they have to say or write( the post website being pretty much unreadable) but it seems like Birchnall has been fending off these questions for weeks.

Either way, let’s just hope it doesn’t affect performances much.
    I don’t think it will. IF Cal does have his head turned I believe IB is bright and astute enough to sit him down and tell him how important he is and rub his ego (if he is one of those players that needs it). The clubs being linked aren’t exactly a step up, even Hartlepool can’t be seen as that. With that in mind I can’t see Cal being that bothered, especially as we are the ones that have given him a platform to make his way back up the leagues, giving him a longer term contract, which still has 18 months or so to run.

An attempt to disrupt Cal and Notts? They can’t think that we would sell one of our better players to them, so I can only think of this as they are worried by our momentum.
    Judging by Chesterfield's usual level of conduct, and operation, a totally believable theory. Maybe we should offer a swap for Tshimanga plus a cash payment from them . Fight fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Judging by Chesterfield's usual level of conduct, and operation, a totally believable theory. Maybe we should offer a swap for Tshimanga plus a cash payment from them . Fight fire with fire.
    Love that idea. We could even throw in some frost covers if they pay enough in a 'Tshimanga-plus-cash' deal

Meanwhile Cal's Mum apparently has this to add n Faceache this evening, although I can't find the original post...

Name:  FIXpuM2XsAc5Iyy.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  91.5 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-01-2022 at 10:55 PM.

Love this kind of stuff, Cal’s mam discussing her lads future on FB…. Proper non-league.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast