+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnet: Match Postponed by National League!

Exclamation Barnet: Match Postponed by National League!

Last edited by SwalePie; 21-01-2022 at 11:54 AM.

What a shame...

OMG !!!

Words fail me !

The National League have postponed this evening’s fixture against Barnet on medical advice following a number of positive Covid cases being reported in the visitors’ camp this morning.

The Bees also have several injuries in their squad and, despite their strong desire to play the game and their exhaustive efforts to make enough players available, the match has been postponed.

All tickets will be available for the rearranged date, which will be confirmed in due course. Once a new date has been set, refunds will be offered to those who can’t attend.

We will now pay tribute to Colin Slater MBE at our next home match, against Grimsby Town on Saturday 5 February.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...tponed-210122/

Called off at a time that stops fans from travelling unlike out trips to Dover and Kings Lynn.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 21-01-2022 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    The National League have postponed this evening’s fixture against Barnet on medical advice following a number of positive Covid cases being reported in the visitors’ camp this morning.

The Bees also have several injuries in their squad and, despite their strong desire to play the game and their exhaustive efforts to make enough players available, the match has been postponed.

All tickets will be available for the rearranged date, which will be confirmed in due course. Once a new date has been set, refunds will be offered to those who can’t attend.

We will now pay tribute to Colin Slater MBE at our next home match, against Grimsby Town on Saturday 5 February.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...tponed-210122/

Called off at a time that stops fans from travelling unlike out trips to Dover and Kings Lynn.
    Blimey.

Another good reason to get ourselves knocked out of the FA Trophy at Halifax!

Bolox. I was really looking forward to tonight, my first game since Solihull because of covid/other illness.

I did read on the Barnet forum this morning that they might be going for a postponement because of a lack of numbers. This season is turning into a bit of a mess, and Driller is right, the sooner we get out the Trophy the better.

Nice to see the obligatory "strong desire to play" in the statement, so fashionable.

I suspect the boys will be in for training tomorrow. Fingers crossed for the Tuesday night game.

Bollox!!!!!
    Was a rare home game for me. I was just about to set of to Notts!! Grrrrrr!!
    Fack you Barnet. The cynic in me thinks they just can't be fecked with coming and getting a whalloping. Funny how they said 'covid cases in amongst injuries'.
    *******s. Ruined my weekend.

Barnet 'explanation'...

'The Club were keen to play this fixture and were able to do so up until this morning, when we received additional positive Covid-19 test results from within the squad.'

Whilst you want the points in the bag, there are two positives to fall back on.

1. It won't be as cold and there probably will be a bigger crowd for when this fixture does take place.

2. A much bigger crowd for the Colin Slater tribute match.

We do need some favourable results tomorrow though. From recent experience, games in hand count for less and less the further you fall behind and the steeper the climb to catch up becomes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast