+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Symptoms of the Omnicron variant are the same as the Common Cold virus

Symptoms of the Omnicron variant are the same as the Common Cold virus

I enclose the symptoms of the Omnicron variant of the Covid-19 virus. https://www.euronews.com/next/2021/1...-we-be-worried
    I now enclose the symptoms of the Common Cld virus. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20351605
    What is the difference between the symptoms for the Omnicron variant of the Covid-19 virus and the Common Cold virus. As far as I can see there is no difference in the symptoms between the Omnicron variant and the Common Cold virus.
    However three years ago when a person suffered a cold they were advised to self certificate for up to five working days, drink plenty of fluids, take paracetamol, stay indoors and keep warm. People suffering from the common cold virus did not have to take a lateral flow test before they returned to work nor did they have to take a PCR test to prove that they were suffering from a head cold. Back in 2019 people knew if they were suffering from a head cold and took measures to try to get rid of it. .
    Three years ago people were not wearing a face mask to stop the spread of the common cold virus, night clubs were not closed, people could attend football matches with no restrictions and people got on with their lives as normal. They also did not get vaccinated to prevent the common cold virus to try to keep them out of hospital nor did they have to obtain a vaccine passport to prove that they had received at least two Common Cold virus vaccinations to allow them to attend large events with over 10,000 spectators in attendance.
    Last Sunday’s Sunday Times newspaper stated in an article that on 23td December 2017 there were more people in hospitals throughout England suffering from Flu than there were patients suffering from the Covid-19 virus on 23rd December 2021 in hospitals in England.
    I find it very strange that suddenly nobody in the U.K.is currently suffering from the Delta variant of the Covid-19 virus because the Omnicron variant is ‘flavour of the month’.
    If things run true to form cases of the Omnicron variant will disappear in late May 2022 about the same time as cases of the common cold virus usually stop due to warmer weather.

I had a PCR test - it said I had Covid - it didn't say I had Omicron variant or Delta variant - I believe it would have been Omicron because it was like a bad cold or mild flu - I tried to find out which variant I'd had but from the result couldn't.

I believe the experts are guessing / lying in order to keep themselves relevant and to maintain the control they've been given.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I had a PCR test - it said I had Covid - it didn't say I had Omicron variant or Delta variant - I believe it would have been Omicron because it was like a bad cold or mild flu - I tried to find out which variant I'd had but from the result couldn't.

I believe the experts are guessing / lying in order to keep themselves relevant and to maintain the control they've been given.
    I agree with everything you say. If we get to November 2022 with the same rules in operation I believe that yet another Covid-19 variant will be ‘magically’ discovered to keep us in check.
    The ‘so called experts’ in South Africa in my opinion have a lot to answer for. If they had kept quiet and only stated that there had been a lot more cases of people suffering from the Common Cold virus due to people having lost their immunity from everyday diseases the number of new positive cases of Delta variant would still be listed on a daily basis until it became ‘old news’.
    If your lateral flow test kit cannot tell you which variant of the Covid-19 virus you are suffering from them how can the politicians, health experts and scientists state that the number of new positive Covid-19 cases are of the Omicron variant.
    They do not have a clue!

If you have the common cold, or a bout of flu, and took a lateral flow test, would the result be positive ?.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    If you have the common cold, or a bout of flu, and took a lateral flow test, would the result be positive ?.
    Most likely yes, pretty sure the common cold for definite. Also heard lemon juice would be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Most likely yes, pretty sure the common cold for definite. Also heard lemon juice would be positive.
    The common cold can fool anti body tests that show if someone has historically had covid but not antigen tests like the lateral flow tests which are now reckoned to be extremely accurate. There is evidence that putting a citric acid liquid (or other acids) onto a lateral flow tests basically knackers the test by killing off the nanoparticles that provide the result. The acid and anecdotally a number of other substances doesn't directly cause a false positive it just means whatever the test says is nonsense (you could equally as well smack the thing with a hammer to get the same result).Schoolkids have been using this to get out of going to school.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I agree with everything you say. If we get to November 2022 with the same rules in operation I believe that yet another Covid-19 variant will be ‘magically’ discovered to keep us in check.
    The ‘so called experts’ in South Africa in my opinion have a lot to answer for. If they had kept quiet and only stated that there had been a lot more cases of people suffering from the Common Cold virus due to people having lost their immunity from everyday diseases the number of new positive cases of Delta variant would still be listed on a daily basis until it became ‘old news’.
    If your lateral flow test kit cannot tell you which variant of the Covid-19 virus you are suffering from them how can the politicians, health experts and scientists state that the number of new positive Covid-19 cases are of the Omicron variant.
    They do not have a clue!
    I agree that this whole carry on is an exercise in control. Some poor barsteward down south has just caught bird flu. God knows what the hand wringers will make of that; probably another excuse for restrictions as soon as omicron starts to decline. And variant Tau is winging our way seemingly. Maybe it will all end when we run out of greek letters. When the Omega variant hits they'll likely wheel out the old film the Omega Man to show we are all going to end up as albino mutants to be saved by Charleton Heston in the end. John Swinney as a Charlton Heston type now there's a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    I agree that this whole carry on is an exercise in control. Some poor barsteward down south has just caught bird flu. God knows what the hand wringers will make of that; probably another excuse for restrictions as soon as omicron starts to decline. And variant Tau is winging our way seemingly. Maybe it will all end when we run out of greek letters. When the Omega variant hits they'll likely wheel out the old film the Omega Man to show we are all going to end up as albino mutants to be saved by Charleton Heston in the end. John Swinney as a Charlton Heston type now there's a thought.
    I did prefer Heston to will smith......so I'm Heston the masked up are the mutants but alas like Charlton AFC, Heston never won.....so maybe backing the wrong horse.

I always thought of the masked up as the mogwi (from the time machine) is it mogwi? The ones who kept the normal folk as slaves and used for grub.

Maybe it wasnae mogwi....was mogwi not the name of the cute gremlin?

Morlocks not mogwi......

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Morlocks not mogwi......
    The ones that look like DABs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)