+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The one person we cannot afford to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    isn't time a healer , I remember when he was being criticised for the way his eyes moved FFS !!!!
    On top of this our very own Charlie slater seemed to have a dislike for IB when he first started questioning his credentials in public and on air.
    CS backtracked on that view on air last Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Onwards and upwards*

* - To the play offs once again.
    Over half the season to go and you've already given up on top spot?

I see it as we’ve played nearly half the season and still have to play a couple of weaker teams (and Chesterfield) for the first time and we’re near enough on 2 PPG. I wouldn’t say we’ve been lucky or unlucky so far and also proved playing decent football can be successful. We also seem to have learned from mistakes from earlier on. On paper it bodes extremely well for a title challenge, but this is football and anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I see it as we’ve played nearly half the season and still have to play a couple of weaker teams for the first time and we near enough on 2 PPG. I wouldn’t say we’ve been lucky or unlucky so far and also proved playing decent football can be successful. We also seem to have learned from mistakes from earlier on. On paper it bodes extremely well for a title challenge, but this is football and anything can happen.
    My only remaining worry is the away form, particularly in scrappy games. There’s been too many this season that have passed us by and where we haven’t necessarily played badly but never really stamped any authority on it - Weymouth, Altrincham, Eastleigh, Tamworth. Even Grimsby where we burgled a win really.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    CS backtracked on that view on air last Saturday.
    what was the outcome ?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I see it as we’ve played nearly half the season and still have to play a couple of weaker teams (and Chesterfield) for the first time and we’re near enough on 2 PPG. I wouldn’t say we’ve been lucky or unlucky so far and also proved playing decent football can be successful. We also seem to have learned from mistakes from earlier on. On paper it bodes extremely well for a title challenge, but this is football and anything can happen.
    Especially when it's the Pies!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    isn't time a healer , I remember when he was being criticised for the way his eyes moved FFS !!!!
    On top of this our very own Charlie slater seemed to have a dislike for IB when he first started questioning his credentials in public and on air.
    CS did give him an unfairly hard time live on air initially given how nice he always was to Neal. I would say that is because Neal to me at least, seems like the type of guy who is always nice to everyone including Charlie so he was nice back. Ian is a bit more matter of fact than Neal. He still seems pretty nice but he takes a bit of warming up to. And as a result Charlie match and mirrored. He probably needs to learn not to do that if he wants to further his career, not withstanding I thoroughly enjoy his commentary its of an extremely high standard for this level of football.
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 07-01-2022 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    CS did give him an unfairly hard time live on air initially given how nice he always was to Neal. I would say that is because Neal to me at least, seems like the type of guy who is always nice to everyone including Charlie so he was nice back. Ian is a bit more matter of fact than Neal. He still seems pretty nice but he takes a bit of warming up to. And as a result Charlie match and mirrored. He probably needs to learn not to do that if he wants to further his career, not withstanding I thoroughly enjoy his commentary its of an extremely high standard for this level of football.

How can you further your career when you're commentating on the Stylish Magpies? He has reached the pinnacle.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    How can you further your career when you're commentating on the Stylish Magpies? He has reached the pinnacle.
    No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Over half the season to go and you've already given up on top spot?
    No don't be silly, you should never ever give up especially on the #burchnallbandwagon until it's mathematically impossible.

It's my safe and rather boring prediction. I'd also suggest it's the statistically most likely outcome.

Still much better than predicting a mid table finish.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast