+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Cov v Rams

Matchday Thread: Cov v Rams

I'm a traditionalist, but in this season above all others I wish the FA Cup would just quietly disappear off our radar. I do however also want us to keep our run going, so not aure about this one

I just wonder if WR will sneak Beilik on for the last ten minutes

Anyone?

No point in a guesstimate IMO until we know the relative strengths/weaknesses of the 2 sides selected.

With regard to how seriously the club should take the Cup this season there are 2 schools of thought.

One says forget the Cup as it's no more than a distraction. I can see why they might think that.

The other sees winning as a habit and keeping that going in a Cup run would be good for the squad. It would also be a path to a money spinning run and money is something the club needs to keep afloat until the new owners are announced and are putting money into the club.

I'm with the latter group.

Just seen young Tommo's pre match interview on the club site. He finished with "going on a good Cup run would be massive".

I think its an opportunity to give players some game time, rest some, especially our CB regulars. I don't much worry about the effect of a loss, winning would be good, but not at the expense of getting key players injured.

Tis done and we have no more distractions, a damp squib which shows our problem, we need a striker.

Blessing in disguise. We’ve got twenty one matches that might just matter and, as Swale says, no distractions. Sounds like we acquitted ourselves okay...just couldn’t score.
    If we could sign a striker and take something off the Blades and Forest then who cares about the Cup this season?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 08-01-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Me. I'd rather we had a good cup run and got some important extra £s in the bag than worrying about forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Me. I'd rather we had a good cup run and got some important extra £s in the bag than worrying about forest.
    I never ‘worry about Forest’. Sure...a cup run might have been nice, but my perspective is that good results from our next two league matches are far more important than today’s result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    A good cup run only generates money if drawn against a big team unfortunately. If we had been lucky and drawn a big prem club then we'd have made a few bob. If we'd won at Cov and drawn another champ or lower team, we'd lose more money than we'd make.

Whilst we are still in with a chance of escaping relegation, slim I know, then the focus has to be on the league. We don't ahve the squad to play the extra games.

And if we'd made any money on a cup run, it wouldn't benefit the club very much, but would just go to the creditors....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)