+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Owen Dale Loan Ends 10th January

Well, we see what happens when clubs overspend & aren't run correctly. Do you want Crewe to be the next Bury Wartman?
    There's a lot of this season left as has already been pointed out, and yes there is a significant chance we'll be relegated but it's not something that hasn't happened to us before. League 2 is familiar territory for us, to regroup, and develop the next crop of youngsters.
    I hope we stay up, but at the end of the day, so what if we get relegated?
    Football really isn't a matter of life & death despite whst Bill Shankly said.
    You need to lighten up a bit Wartman.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Well, we see what happens when clubs overspend & aren't run correctly. Do you want Crewe to be the next Bury Wartman?
    There's a lot of this season left as has already been pointed out, and yes there is a significant chance we'll be relegated but it's not something that hasn't happened to us before. League 2 is familiar territory for us, to regroup, and develop the next crop of youngsters.
    I hope we stay up, but at the end of the day, so what if we get relegated?
    Football really isn't a matter of life & death despite whst Bill Shankly said.
    You need to lighten up a bit Wartman.
    You strengthen my post quite well who cares if we get relegated ? Says it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    You strengthen my post quite well who cares if we get relegated ? Says it all really.
    I think what Redandwhite is saying is not that he doesn't care if we get relegated, rather than it is not the end of the world. Which it isn't. We are, in reality, a League 1/League 2 club and unless we have a massive investment from outside (highly unlikely) it will ever be thus. What we should be doing is enjoying seeing our young players develop and hope the management and board get contracts for the young lads in place that benefit both club and player.

The board is currently composed of directors who cannot hold more than12.5% of control of the club. This in contrast to the Hassall era when overall control was in the hands of a single person/family. Either we allow overall control to an individual who MAY dig deep in his pockets or may end up, like the Oldham owner, ruining the club. Or the responsibility could be shared amongst a group, as it is now at the Alex, with the idea that no one person can destroy the club BUT no large sums of money are available. We can't have it both ways.
    It's pragmatism. My ambition for the Alex is for them to be Champions League winners (although reaching that ambition may have its own far-reaching consequences!). However, I am realistic enough to know that is unlikely when you consider that the population of Crewe could fit inside Old Trafford with some seats spare. So it isn't lack of ambition just realistic to understand current constraints on the club for the near future.

Good riddance! He's gone!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Good riddance! He's gone!
    Although I am pleased this saga has been resolved and Dale is now a Blackpool player, I am disappointed to hear he has gone for an undisclosed fee. This description is normally used to hide the fact that he has gone for relatively little money not the £500k first reported when he was loaned out. Blackpool were looking for a revised lower figure and it looks like they have achieved this. Obviously it was not a good situation him coming back to Crewe, you could not have him back at training or even in the dressing room, this idea that people thought he would be back in the team was ridiculous. When Dale threw his toys out any idea that he could ever play for Crewe again was probably ended, hence he was loaned out to Blackpool even though he failed his initial fitness test. He is a good player, his likely transfer fee is probably going to be low and that is disappointing, but I am pleased he has gone.
    Last edited by Gobstopper; 14-01-2022 at 11:46 AM.

I am hearing a low initial fee, loaded up with appearance, success, incentives. The best that we could hope for in the circumstances. As I stated earlier Blackpool, Dale holding all of the cards unfortunately.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123