+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Burnley v Huddersfield FA Cup 3rd Round Match Preview

Do we now officially qualify as a joke club, a laughing stock. We do imo, D1 here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Do we now officially qualify as a joke club, a laughing stock. We do imo, D1 here we come.
    Hard to see us avoiding it Sinkov with so many old and out of contract players to replace them all is a massive ask in a short space of time, and the financial impact will be enormous

Looking at the video on post 29. ( Norder's post,)

After the goal by Rodriguez, we can stop the video at 0.59 or 1.00, look at Lawton his position is in front of the Udders 2 forwards. For the life in me, as a defender, how can he leave those two players unmarked or not covered? Just in front of him he has 2 of our players. Already 4 of their forwards are on attack! How do we get into such unguarded positions? Where is the logic ,intelligence? How can a Premier league player not see this? School kids could see this.
    At 1.04 we can see Ben Mee and Dale Stevens miles out of his position? They have left their defensive positions to do what, attack? It can be seen how our defence is so unorganised with Koruma(?) on the very left completely free! What a mess, who on the field commands our defence? I asked this question after the Brighton game. They are in such a mess.
    At 1.25 ,that's their goal, why does non of our players defend the keeper, always there is pushing and shoving, when a corner is taken?
    In the games that have past, some have said, our team is old ,their legs have gone, but today it was positional play that let us down ,plus we are not scoring sufficient goals

''The buck stops where?''

Balan I was there and in my earlier post that’s what I alluded to , he was further up the field and lost possession ,( doesn’t show it on video ) he then tried to trip the town player up and couldn’t so proceeded to meander back without a care in the world - hence why I said if he’d been in my team I’d have kicked him myself - no heart and fire in his belly to right his wrong.

Balan , also the legs have gone in midfield we simply cannot compete.
    Our midfield does not ever get close enough to the forwards , I think because it can’t get back once it goes.
    Also today they brought Obrien on second half and he set of from his own half once the ball went wide left for them , he passed Stevens and cork sprinting to get in the 18 yard box they both just let him go , no tracking , no sprinting to try and get there and no heart

Our best player on the pitch was the oldest player. Bardsley who I have to say whenever he puts a shirt on gives his all for the club , yes he got caught out once or twice but he still had the drive and passion to get back and make superb challenges to eradicate the problems.

The boy Dodgson I think ( youth player ) came on and looked ok to me he delivered a superb ball from wide that deserved someone on the end of it, also Mee should have played him in late on instead he tried something ridiculous and nearly hit the corner flag.

We need to try some youngsters I think.

Pity I could not see it what was a little before that

But against Brighton Lawton was with Maupay both running down the wing towards our goal, even then it seemed he had not a clue where Maupay was, then just outside the goal area Lawton should not allowed Maupay to take a step to the side and be able to score the goal, Lawton could have blocked him with his body, but did not, and so a goal.

Army. Yes there is something in that what you say.
    You gave an example of Udders bringing on O'Brian, then ''once the ball went wide left for them , he passed Stevens and cork sprinting to get in the 18 yard box they both just let him go''. How much is that of their will to stop him?? Not giving their 100 %? Have certain players lost it ? Or, seems they have no heart in what or how they play ,no fight in them? It is also a question to ask!

I just watched a video of the Brighton game the same incident happened. For their 2nd goal Alexis Mac Allister and I think Westwood clashed about 3 yards outside our penalty area, ran into each other, but Westwood let him move on ,and we know Mac Allister scored their goal. Its almost unbelievable ! No attempt to stop him ,Westwood lets him pass towards our goal! He scored, Ok for me 'bed time'.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It’s true Darkness - the worrying bit for me was the lad who came on right wing second half I’m told was a free transfer from boreham wood - we have JBG whom contributes nothing imo anyway and they have a free with pace a good touch work ethic and great delivery - are we just unlucky or do we not even look at players like that. ( I mean he’s the sort of player we’d love isn’t he FREE).
    JBG is a journey man, utter useless.. but Dyche has favirites that never get dropped due to poor performances

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...nn-gudmundsson

17 games 1 assist, 2 though balls.. we may as well play the ball boy..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)