+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dover Postponed

It seems incredible that there is such a gulf of opinions about the pitch being playable in the chairman's eyes and unplayable according to the ref !!

As Dover gave out false information and then no information on pitch inspections etc. I wonder whether travelling fans have a possible claim in the Small Claims Court for their expenses and time based on misrepresentation of a product offered for sale? Any lawyers on here?

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    As Dover gave out false information and then no information on pitch inspections etc. I wonder whether travelling fans have a possible claim in the Small Claims Court for their expenses and time based on misrepresentation of a product offered for sale? Any lawyers on here?
    they're playing silly boggers with other people's time and money, and that's a really poor show.

I don't know what our present owners will do, but I'd bet Hardy or the Trews or Pavis or Dunnet would have put the ball back in their court pdq.

With all of the other obstacles facing fans and clubs this season, you'd think Dover would make an effort not make things worse for people by making sadisticallly late calls on pitch conditions. i think they should be sued [eta. at least to step them doing it to the next club's supporters].

eta2: the rules should be something like: cancel within 5 hours of the kickofftime or forfeit the game, imo.
    Last edited by Maggie's Farm; 09-01-2022 at 01:15 AM.

Their attitude last season, refusing to play games, spoke volumes. They should have been instantly relegated, poxy club.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456