+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No heart

No heart

We’re down - I say that now with confidence I’ve been fighting it hoping we could actually muster something from somewhere but no.

The title is because we have a team that picks itself and today was littered with what can only be described as heartless , I watched Lowton lose the ball , try to kick the Huddersfield midfielder and then watch as he ran away from him with no fight / urgency to try and appease his mistake - I watched stevens and cork watch Obrien run straight passed them into the middle of our six yard box ( each asking each other where do you think he’s going ).

The only player with any spunk at all was Bardsley the oldest man on the pitch who when lost the ball or was beaten got back and more often than not righted his wrongs with a solid performance.

Hoof ball was on display again for all to see except today it was more straight up instead of up and forward.

The winger they played second half I think was a free from boreham woods - he had more idea than our lot put together.

We are old slow and knackered without any sliver of fight in our bellies, Dyche has his favourites and they play - it’s rotten to the core I can accept getting beaten without issue but to roll over and die and let the opposition just run all over you, for professional footballers is imo anyway embarrassing.

Frustrating it is watching us as we lump long aimless balls to the chosen forward for him to try and head it ( to who I don’t know), but I’m not blind and I see the midfield 30 yards back just watching him fail - the oppositions midfield then pick the ball up and play through our very laboured central midfield area and into the channels at this point we’re jogging or watching the move develop from a safe distance away so as not to be culpable if they score.

It’s dog sh-t I’m afraid and I and many others do not deserve that , losing is one thing but giving in is another level.

Dyche or team to blame ? Discuss as I don’t know now some of the players don’t appear to have personal pride in performance.

For me - NOT ACCEPTABLE

We are more than half way through the season and if this is the football that we have? There can only be one answer that is Dyce - out !

Stevens looks dog ****e, as he did last game he came on. Cork is way past it. Lost this game and last in the midfield battle.. our second team in every position is extremely woeful. Need Westwood and Brownhill back asap.. and I dont rate Brownhill that much but my god these two today are league 2 quality.

Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    Stevens looks dog ****e, as he did last game he came on. Cork is way past it. Lost this game and last in the midfield battle.. our second team in every position is extremely woeful. Need Westwood and Brownhill back asap.. and I dont rate Brownhill that much but my god these two today are league 2 quality.
    Brownhill did ok today darkness but we pushed him out wide for some reason I’m 2 nd half , Westwood is westy you know what your getting
    But out of the rest I’m not sure now Pope was shocking Tarky - mistakes - Mee mistakes - Lowton - well if he’d been my team mate and let players run without trying to rectify his mistake I’d have kicked him myself , he should be in managers office explaining why he simply couldn’t be arsed to do his job.

Stevens should do the honourable thing and hang up his boots ( I knew when it was time for me - and I can tell you know the time has definitely come for him ).

Cork - technically good but not at this level has to go

Lennon is too old I accept that but he does have pace over 15/20 yards and can deliver ball problem is he has a sore neck from looking at us kicking it over his head the whole time.

I will be astounded if Dyche football keeps us in the league this year , going forwards I can’t see him attracting players to play for us as it’s a vicious circle , most don’t want hoof ball and hope .

The real question is how are we going to replace 12-13 players at the season end because this lot won’t be competitive in a very competitive championship and if by some miracle ( we won’t ) managed to stay in this league .

I’m not sure I can endure seasons and seasons of this absolute dross - I’m so frustrated and sick of it now.

I went corporate today centenary suite - now there’s something we have definitely got right sat with some friends who are Town fans - company was good we were dire.

Thank god we lost,at least we don't have to worry about the next round.

All I'm worried about is getting past 11 points, life will be rosy then.

"Dyche or team to blame ?"

Neither, it's the owners, both Garlick and Pace, who have not funded the squad strengthening that all the world and his wife could see was required for the last three seasons. If you stand still in this league you'll be left behind, and that's what's happened. We have a squad that is nowhere near good enough anymore, not the players fault, they can't help growing older, and not Dyche's fault, it's beyond even his talents to keep this bunch of aging mediocrities playing and winning at this level.

Chickens coming home to roost is what we're seeing, chickens always do come home to roost eventually.

He could stop playing his aging mediocrities and give some of the others a chance, not that he's got much to chose from.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Dyche or team to blame ?"

Neither, it's the owners, both Garlick and Pace, who have not funded the squad strengthening that all the world and his wife could see was required for the last three seasons. If you stand still in this league you'll be left behind, and that's what's happened. We have a squad that is nowhere near good enough anymore, not the players fault, they can't help growing older, and not Dyche's fault, it's beyond even his talents to keep this bunch of aging mediocrities playing and winning at this level.

Chickens coming home to roost is what we're seeing, chickens always do come home to roost eventually.
    Unfortunately and as always you are right Sinkov.When Garlick sold the club to a Mormon charity after starving the team of investment for 3 seasons and emptied the dry powder room at the same moment it was only a matter of time before the wheels came off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)