+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Relegation certaintities

Relegation certaintities

I think the results today leaving us 8 points from safety (with goal difference ) have pretty much condemned us to relegation. Is there any point in wasting money in the January transfer window ? I would probably spend time trying to get rid of as much of our dross as we can a massive job for Artell in the Jan window.

I make it 7 points. But hey! Who's counting?
    However, there is still virtually half a season left. But I agree, we need to see some further sign of upturn in results if we are to have any chance of escaping. It all seems very quiet on the transfer front at the moment. Already some brat has refused to be loaned to us. There is the Irish youngster but even if we get ahead of the opposition, it seems he one for the future (and in a position that is covered at the moment). DA has said he's looking for 'ready-made players' to help deal with the current situation (despite the two examples above) but I imagine quite a lot of teams will be scouring the same places. Where is a striker type Majid Bougherra when you need one?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I make it 7 points. But hey! Who's counting?
    However, there is still virtually half a season left. But I agree, we need to see some further sign of upturn in results if we are to have any chance of escaping. It all seems very quiet on the transfer front at the moment. Already some brat has refused to be loaned to us. There is the Irish youngster but even if we get ahead of the opposition, it seems he one for the future (and in a position that is covered at the moment). DA has said he's looking for 'ready-made players' to help deal with the current situation (despite the two examples above) but I imagine quite a lot of teams will be scouring the same places. Where is a striker type Majid Bougherra when you need one?
    Oh Gazan you do disappoint me I put the caveat 8 points with our goal difference which we would need to overtake the side 7 points above us with far better goal difference. Oh well Gazan never mind everyday is a school day
    😉

I think it is second nature for Crewe people and particularly Crewe supporters to be pessimistic. God knows, I have been guilty of it. But realistically, no one has been relegated in January and there are some 22 games left with ample opportunity to pick points up and ease ourselves out of trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I think it is second nature for Crewe people and particularly Crewe supporters to be pessimistic. God knows, I have been guilty of it. But realistically, no one has been relegated in January and there are some 22 games left with ample opportunity to pick points up and ease ourselves out of trouble

If we had a team capable of stringing a run of wins together but we don’t, this first team are below average currently and clearly we are unable to spend the money required to improve the side. I do admire your optimism and I wish I had a slice of that in myself, but alas I don’t I we will be down and out by the end of this month.

We have 4 games remaining in Jan and we must win all of them no if buts or maybes and to add to that we also have to dramatically improve our goal difference so

Charlton at home
    Shrewsbury at home
    Cambridge away
    Rotherham at home

Do you see 4 wins in the above I see 1 at best, and thus ultimately comes to pass we will 15 points or more adrift, the coffin is nailed firmly shut I’m afraid.

Okay my bad! You did say with goal difference.
    How do you arrive at must win all 4 games this month? I'd be extremely happy if we did. However, I could see 2 possibly 3 wins. I'm not assuming it will happen but they are winnable. Shrewsbury are on a roll but still beatable. Charlton's early new manager bounce has worn off a bit and I really do fancy us beating Cambridge.
    Again, we don't have to win all the games but a lot of the bottom half, starting on Wednesday.

Wartman! You only responded to the first line of my post. What about the rest???

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Okay my bad! You did say with goal difference.
    How do you arrive at must win all 4 games this month? I'd be extremely happy if we did. However, I could see 2 possibly 3 wins. I'm not assuming it will happen but they are winnable. Shrewsbury are on a roll but still beatable. Charlton's early new manager bounce has worn off a bit and I really do fancy us beating Cambridge.
    Again, we don't have to win all the games but a lot of the bottom half, starting on Wednesday.

If we win all 4 games we will probably still be in the bottom 4 just, we have only won 3 games all season so it would take a massive leap of faith to think we can win 3 out of the next 4 especially as the first team will be the same with no incoming signings to try to improve us.

On a positive note Owen Dale back at Crewe after clubs fail to agree a deal will he play or will he continue to vote with his feet and refuse to play ?

We also need to have everybody fit. Long and Kashket should be available. Hopefully, MacFazdean isn't yet. What's the situation with Knight? Wasn't it supposedly just a minor injury? Anybody else missing?

Dale needs to sell himself so maybe he will play unless he knows Blackpool will make an offer before the deadline.