+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tide turning against Dyche

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Watching Cornet play for Burnley Football Club assuages my general doom & gloom a little bit...

Attachment 20713
    Likewise BT. He is a talent and I am sure that he is on the radar of other clubs. I suspect that they will want to see him perform throughout the season before coming in for him in the summer.

I think that we will be relegated and my hope is that any money raised by early sales in the window is used on young, talented players and not on fading “stars” because they have “experience at this level”. Not easy, I know, but with a management that has an open mind and a willingness to change (not SD and team) it is not impossible. We need to stop wasting money on players who are either past it (not their fault - a fact of life) or are not good enough.

Change is needed, with thanks for what has been achieved, but in football standing still is going backwards. Absent money, my understanding is that footballers want to a) play and b) win. That is the same for players in the PL and the Northern Premier League. Will it be easier to attract younger, less expensive talent if they are playing and winning, albeit in a lower division, than being in the PL and struggling every week, playing dire football in the hope of “nicking a goal” as SD likes to think is the way to go? And I should add, not being picked week in, week out whilst the players who are picked consistently lose and/or fail to perform and/ or are played out of position.
    Last edited by Swissclaret; 09-01-2022 at 11:27 AM.

The lack of effort was embarrassing, I do not think overpaid players realise how much the club means to the fans, to them it’s a job which is protected by their contract, as a lifelong Claret it really is annoying how poor they have been recently and Dyche is ultimately responsible, get them in on Monday and read the riot act and if they do not respond play the kids at least they will try, I would also like to see Bardsley on the coaching staff as he played his heart out yesterday a great example to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Miked111 View Post
    The lack of effort was embarrassing, I do not think overpaid players realise how much the club means to the fans, to them it’s a job which is protected by their contract, as a lifelong Claret it really is annoying how poor they have been recently and Dyche is ultimately responsible, get them in on Monday and read the riot act and if they do not respond play the kids at least they will try, I would also like to see Bardsley on the coaching staff as he played his heart out yesterday a great example to the rest.
    I agree Mike111. I did not see the game, but have seen comments about Beardsley’s performance being committed and inspirational. Sadly, no one appears to have been inspired.

I think that one element that is lacking is a strong captain. Ben Mee comes across as a really nice person. However, what we need is a Roy Keane or Joey Barton type character who will tell their team mates which way is up! Ben does not seem to be that type of person. Bardsley strikes me as that type of player, but he is on the fringes now.

Clearly SD and his team are incapable of seeing what needs to happen or change when it is not working on the pitch. A strong character as captain could see what is needed and try to make it happen despite the lack of action from the touch line. Dyche is too loyal. I cannot see him telling Tarks to get his finger out or any other player for that matter.

SD has no favourites other than Kieran Trippier. Really! The latter has shown his professed respect for BFC and SD by signing for Newcastle and EH.

Quote Originally Posted by Miked111 View Post
    Totally Agree with you Miked, but I have heard that Sean Dyche does not attend training sessions until Wednesday, but that is hearsay and I cannot regard it as being the truth, so there is no likely hood of Monday training sessions anyway if that is true.

I could understand Dyche not relocating to the North West for family reasons in the first instance, but after nine years, he must like driving on the M6 / M1.

The after match press conference yesterday was the first time I have seen Ian Woan speak and I was not impressed, he seemed like a clone of Sean Dyche.

WE JUST NEED SOME CHANGE TO HAPPEN.

Hope Springs Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Don’t shoot the messenger Mal , it’s gone on too long this charade , we have been led a merry dance.
    I accept your sentiments and understand why your saying them and in a way your right to a point but we’re in a real rut and I honestly believe the moment has passed - posted on a few threads that we looked lost people not doing jobs , not going with runners , weak challenges , letting players go beyond us and score without a challenge.

I think he’s right in what he says though ( the truth hurts I know ).

It’s sad because I and many more probably your self included didn’t want it to come to this for Dyche as he done so much for Burnley, however it’s going to go sour and it will end badly.

To me there are two ways for this to go - we stick with Dyche and carry on and hope, or get rid and let someone else have a go - thing about Burnley folk is over the years we’ve been spoilt - my dads 86 and has been going best part of 60 plus years and even he said today as we drove home it’s got to change, the football and the team isn’t good enough, that is rare indeed - and i definitely know now it has to change.

How long can we wait ?
    Good Posts Army

I think the management missed a great opportunity yesterday to demonstrate to the Burnley
    fans future intentions-if the team had included 3/4 of from the youth set up
    McGlynn,Helm,Dodgson etc a defeat would have been forgiven and understood.
    Based on the current structure and philosophy it was clear that this wouldn't happen!
    The team was beginning to look more solid with the introduction of Collins, but as soon as
    Tarkowski had completed his suspension he was returned to the side in his place.
    With regard to Roberts,as a right "wing back/midfielder" he HAS to be able to offer more than
    Gudjonsson; yet he is another whose place seems to be guaranteed! (sadly neither were fit
    yesterday)
    A lot of comments have been made with reference to transfers and lack of investment since
    the club were promoted; but whilst I am no fan of the previous board the issue may go
    deeper than we realise.
    When the club were promoted we were told that the style and players would evolve, but a
    number of seasons later we continue to play a style of football that has now "caught up" with
    an ageing and slow squad of players.
    Recruitment began with and continued with a spend of almost 50 million on
    Wells-Lambert-Gibson-Vydra-Hart-Lennon-Stephens most of who spent more time "warming
    the bench (some arrived with injuries and were never fully fit) and that figure doesn't begin to
    factor in wages.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing,but no attempt ever seemed to be made to replace Joey
    Barton (perhaps Drinkwater who everyone knew was a disaster waiting to happen and so it
    proved)
    I would like to hear Mike Garlicks the ex Chairman's view on all this, who since the first
    whisper of ALK has remained mysteriously quiet throughout.
    Maybe based on past experience he wasn't prepared to "open the vault" again and waste
    more money!
    Pace and ALK sanctioned what I believe in Collins,Roberts and Cornet were good and
    exciting investments' but with regard to Cornet I remain convinced he's not and wasn't a
    Dyche type (battling,dour-premier league journeyman player)
    Left to the current playing philosophy its likely that the Cornet money would have been
    invested in more of the same.
    I cling to the hope that the team can produce a miracle and somehow avoid the drop, and if
    as read Newcastle are chasing both Wood and Tarkowski; believe on current performance
    and commitment we couldn't fare any worse without them-the time has arrived (maybe too
    late) for some fresh ideas and maybe a complete restructuring whether we remain in the
    Premier league or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Likewise BT. He is a talent and I am sure that he is on the radar of other clubs. I suspect that they will want to see him perform throughout the season before coming in for him in the summer.

I think that we will be relegated and my hope is that any money raised by early sales in the window is used on young, talented players and not on fading “stars” because they have “experience at this level”. Not easy, I know, but with a management that has an open mind and a willingness to change (not SD and team) it is not impossible. We need to stop wasting money on players who are either past it (not their fault - a fact of life) or are not good enough.

Change is needed, with thanks for what has been achieved, but in football standing still is going backwards. Absent money, my understanding is that footballers want to a) play and b) win. That is the same for players in the PL and the Northern Premier League. Will it be easier to attract younger, less expensive talent if they are playing and winning, albeit in a lower division, than being in the PL and struggling every week, playing dire football in the hope of “nicking a goal” as SD likes to think is the way to go? And I should add, not being picked week in, week out whilst the players who are picked consistently lose and/or fail to perform and/ or are played out of position.
    Perfectly "summed up"!

"The after match press conference yesterday was the first time I have seen Ian Woan speak and I was not impressed, he seemed like a clone of Sean Dyche."

Following your comment Vintage, I searched for interviews with Woan and there was an interesting interview with him on his Forest days as a player.He said that the 1993 relegation year you could feel there was something wrong in the squad-players were due to be leaving at the end of the season and the cohesion and togetherness was no longer there.
    Watching the current BFC squad you get exactly the same feeling.
    I personally think although Cornet is way above anybody else we have by a country mile it seems to me that his arrival and subsequent success together with the fans reaction to him has put a few noses out of joint.Not to mention that his wages will probably exceed the others.
    This could well be a reason for some of the problems in the dressing room.Just a thought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)