+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todays attendance

Todays attendance

What was it ?

8,265 about 1500 Brighton fans poor.
    When look back to 68, 3rd rd replay against Colchester 38,000

when i got to the ground a few minutes after kick off due to missing a train I looked from the sme to the brummie and I was literraly shocked, I even had to take a photo, it was virtually empty. I thought beforehand it was gonna be 10,000+ dependant upon brighton support but it was sparse. I will always go to FA cup games but will have to wait until next season

Covid effing passports

Think Everton in 89 was the last big one around 32000

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Covid effing passports

I heard many stewards don’t even look at them! The laughable thing ( like PCR’s for Travel ) anybody can do a test for somewhere else.

Complete joke! They should now let this virus run its course!! Many don’t even know they have it due to the odd sniffle anyway!

Certainly not having the flu jab as never had a cold in my life so why get more stuff pumped in you! Biggest problem facing GP’S are dealing with neurotic patients who want to see them over the slightest thing blocking access to those who are really needy. Hospital/Doctor appointments should only be free to citizens of this country and anybody from overseas should pay for it - as we do when travelling overseas!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost city albion View Post
    Think Everton in 89 was the last big one around 32000
    I remember it with fondest, 3 of us pitched up on the day and paid on the turnstile. it was rammed and memorable

It didn't look like there were over 8,000 there on MOTD unless the stand they film from had less empty seats - even Kidderminster's tie against Reading had empty seats. Maybe everyone's skint after Christmas and worried about the bigger household bills coming our way?

I went to our game on Boxing Day and every Covid pass/LFT test result was being checked.

I think that the lack of attendance was due to more than one factor. Firstly, I don't think that Brighton were a great attraction. Secondly, Covid is having an effect. Thirdly, Albion's style of football is not a good watch and finally I don't think that, sadly, the FA Cup is the competition that it used to be.

Went to yesterday's game and got behind the team as always. People have lives to lead and choices to make. I don't judge absentees, I focus on those around me. Decent game reduced to a keep ball exercise for Brighton because of a bell' with a whistle.

Was asked to show Covid status on entry. Produced my LFT negative text confirmation. For some reason the Covid app will not update my vax status. Asked the steward for his LFT/Covid status. He duly and politely obliged by showing his confirmation text.

It's no wonder LFTs are reportedly in short supply given their requirement for attendance at sports stadia. Petty minded box ticking bureaucracy, just like the Covid passports. Waste of resources and time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)