+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Wood from Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    having a medical tonight, so hopefullly we we will have a big mobile target man on the field on Saturday.

hugely weakens one of our relegation rivals
    Yeah I've just seen this start popping up on twitter. You watch they'll sign someone with the money who will end up scoring more than Wood for us. Hope he does well if true and should relish the chance of getting on the end of some Trippier crosses. I'll be honest though I was hoping we'd sign someone a level or two up from Wood.

Just come on sky sports now says we've met his release clause in the region of 20 mil yikes. Bit of a ****house move on Burnley by him but he must think he's got a better chance of staying in the league with us. Let's hope he gets off to a good start against Watford.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Yeah I've just seen this start popping up on twitter. You watch they'll sign someone with the money who will end up scoring more than Wood for us. Hope he does well if true and should relish the chance of getting on the end of some Trippier crosses. I'll be honest though I was hoping we'd sign someone a level or two up from Wood.
    i really do think Wood will be a fantastic signing for us. We need to remember, we have the cash but not the platform to get the top players yet.
    IF Ashley was in charge we would think Wood was a good signing.

If he had played for us against Cambridge, with us putting over 30 crosses in the box, we would not have lost, infact we would probably be 4 up by half time,

If its a toss up between playing Wood, Murphy or Joelinton as striker against Watford, i know who id pick. And i know Watford wont be looking forward to facing him

£20 million? Fucking hell.

Decent enough stop gap until the Summer but £20 million??

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Does seem a lot but if his goals help keep us up it could be the best £20 million Amanda and co spend

Thata what I thought it's seems a hell of a lot for him. Hopefully he'll bang a winner in on weekend then I'll be saying he's worth more than that haha

Our 1st years signings probably won't be around when we challenging top 4 but we do need to stay up 1st

Quote Originally Posted by stavtoon View Post
    Our 1st years signings probably won't be around when we challenging top 4 but we do need to stay up 1st
    We don't have any fit strikers.

Now we have one.

That’s peanuts man Zip start thinking out the box. He’s ready made for the Premiership and he is a handful. Over the moon to get him in for Watford and a huge dent in Burnley’s survival. Just got to get Southampton and Watfords star men now

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    That’s peanuts man Zip start thinking out the box. He’s ready made for the Premiership and he is a handful. Over the moon to get him in for Watford and a huge dent in Burnley’s survival. Just got to get Southampton and Watfords star men now
    Love to see Warde-prowse here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)