+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings

New Signings

It is absolutely critical now to bring in some new players in the January window - especially as the Tanner Fund is available for that purpose.

I know the common consensus on here is that defenders are needed but a striker is a must for me. Particularly one that makes clever runs, Can actually hold the ball up and most importantly get in positions to score and put the bloody ball in the net. I've nothing against the fella but Ruben just doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    I know the common consensus on here is that defenders are needed but a striker is a must for me. Particularly one that makes clever runs, Can actually hold the ball up and most importantly get in positions to score and put the bloody ball in the net. I've nothing against the fella but Ruben just doesn't cut it.
    I’m still trying to work out how Ruben gets a start ahead of Ally Roy…..

Neither of them can score, - hence the reason why we need to bring in fresh blood. Over the piece they've run their socks off and have been very unlucky in front of goal, but now is not the time to dither over whether their work rate has been good enough over the last 4 months, - this is our only opportunity to bring in a proven goal scorer who can get us out of the mess we find ourselves in.

Make no mistake, Dunfermline, Ayr, Morton and Hamilton will be strengthening their squads too, - so we need to make sure we fill the gaps that are gaping.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Neither of them can score, - hence the reason why we need to bring in fresh blood. Over the piece they've run their socks off and have been very unlucky in front of goal, but now is not the time to dither over whether their work rate has been good enough over the last 4 months, - this is our only opportunity to bring in a proven goal scorer who can get us out of the mess we find ourselves in.

Make no mistake, Dunfermline, Ayr, Morton and Hamilton will be strengthening their squads too, - so we need to make sure we fill the gaps that are gaping.

we need a new manager and id expect the usual influx of loanees like previous seasons .

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    It is absolutely critical now to bring in some new players in the January window - especially as the Tanner Fund is available for that purpose.
    I would rather invest money in a new manager rather than having AJ play new signings out of position.

Lads, the fundamental fact of the Tanner Fund was to bring in new players - not to help finance a new manager.

We must use that ring-fenced money for that purpose, regardless of our opinion of Alan Johnston.

If you look at it another way, - if the BOD used the Tanner Fund to bring in the likes of, - say Neil Lennon, there is no guarantee that he or any manager will be able to avoid the drop with the present crop of players, - without further investment. Therefore, logic dictates that it makes much more sense to invest in players to improve the present squad.

If there is £25K in the Tanner Fund, - and it was all used on changing the manager, - the BOD would still have to find the balance to pay off AJ, - then find whatever is required to bring in a new manager, - who might take weeks to find his feet, - time that we don't have and by which point the January window is closed.

So we have to prioritise and use the money that the supporters expect to be used on players, - you can't suddenly change the goalposts with this one!

Tanner Fund page saying it has £30k available and for the use signing players only.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Tanner Fund page saying it has £30k available and for the use signing players only.

i think id rather see that 30k going toward a wage for a better classed player than we have as theres plenty of players available for free thats miles better than we have currently at queens ,i dont know if letting johnston get that class player would be wise tho as he would prob pay it towards another flop ,this player needs to be a proven good player at a higher level .

The money is available for the manager to sign a new player(s) or help fund the signings of better players.
    Queens offer so much and the fund could top up the wage so they’ll hopefully sign on the dotted line.

Source - tanner Facebook page.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)