+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Youngsters

Youngsters

Thought all those that played did well today.

Hejlde - we seem to be blessed at CB but yet another one to add to the list

Nate - clearly got a long way to go but looks composed and confident and can pass the ball.

Greenwood - ran his socks off and pressed well again looks to have confidence

Summerville - looked tricky and direct

Drameh - thought he did very well and links well. Looks very composed goi forward.

We do seem to be blessed with some good talent coming through so just need to stay up to let it develop. Add into the mix Joffy and Cresswell and I suppose Struijk and Meslier and you almost have a full team from
    The u23

Cresswell looked superb when he played against West ham earlier this season, helde also looked composed today, joffy I would love to see get a run out more, and probably would have done if not for a clumsy stupid training accident...gutted he wasn't on show today, greenwood unfortunately I felt ran around a lot but produced little, same with bate, summerville always looks dangerous without producing that killer cross/ball, be madness to let him go out on loan when Harrison is playing poorly, only my opinion, others may see different.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Cresswell looked superb when he played against West ham earlier this season, helde also looked composed today, joffy I would love to see get a run out more, and probably would have done if not for a clumsy stupid training accident...gutted he wasn't on show today, greenwood unfortunately I felt ran around a lot but produced little, same with bate, summerville always looks dangerous without producing that killer cross/ball, be madness to let him go out on loan when Harrison is playing poorly, only my opinion, others may see different.
    Doesn't it bother you like you said the kid did brilliantly like Creswell and he took him off while Llorente who was poor stayed on? For me sends the wrong message. The big guns coming in didn't do any better than our first half so surely some message might get into MBS head.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Thought all those that played did well today.

Hejlde - we seem to be blessed at CB but yet another one to add to the list

Nate - clearly got a long way to go but looks composed and confident and can pass the ball.

Greenwood - ran his socks off and pressed well again looks to have confidence

Summerville - looked tricky and direct

Drameh - thought he did very well and links well. Looks very composed goi forward.

We do seem to be blessed with some good talent coming through so just need to stay up to let it develop. Add into the mix Joffy and Cresswell and I suppose Struijk and Meslier and you almost have a full team from
    The u23

Not as fast as some would like but imo I think we have some great prospects up and coming and at the right speed and easing in. I have high hopes for Hjelde, Celtic fans were pissed when we scooped him. Drameh, Summerville and Greenwood if coached correctly physically and mentally should all shine when there time comes, I think sooner then later. I remember Phillips getting called for passing sideways all the time, its just nerves and not wanting to fnck up.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Doesn't it bother you like you said the kid did brilliantly like Creswell and he took him off while Llorente who was poor stayed on? For me sends the wrong message. The big guns coming in didn't do any better than our first half so surely some message might get into MBS head.
    Dont know where all this crap about Llorrente being rubbish is coming from tbh, Wont be in next week so lets see how we do with Koch and Heild aain the center of defence assuming no others available? Thought defence in general where ok today - only conceded a none goal and a n injury time breakaway when we had everyone forward.

Strange how we all see things different, I also thought lorente played well, and didn't know why helde was taken off, thought defence were quite good as bowen and Antonio are a handful.

Strange how we all see things different, I also thought lorente played well, and didn't know why helde was taken off, thought defence were quite good as bowen and Antonio are a handful.

All sorts of reasons I think, different view pitch side, perhaps getting tired, not as focused etc, you see these things pitch side. Tiredness causes fouls … getting fouled … omg injuries!!! Going off when you are full of confidence and injury free! just tiring is good.
    Most of us think they all faired well….a good thing all round. It was good run out for them imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Dont know where all this crap about Llorrente being rubbish is coming from tbh, Wont be in next week so lets see how we do with Koch and Heild aain the center of defence assuming no others available? Thought defence in general where ok today - only conceded a none goal and a n injury time breakaway when we had everyone forward.
    Football is all abiut the stats, yes?

https://thisisfutbol.com/2022/01/blo...arcelo-bielsa/

Also think Llorente is good - a lot of CB struggle with Antonio - Hejlde was good and looks more physical than Llorente but when Koch went to CB Antonio tried to match up.

With the gaps in midfield it’s harder too if we had KP playing he protects the CB a bit too.

West Ham had Rice and Soucek protecting their CB and are more settled.

Anyone who has played a lot knows the game is that much easier when you have a consonant settled side as you know what the other players will do.

Bowen and Antonio were handfuls.
    So were where our handfuls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)