+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Bradford, the old 1970's rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Barmy mate.

How was it with Bradford PA or wo them days afooar thy time Animal?
    Saw em at Oakwell with my old man around 1969/70 when I was a nipper .

Also saw Barrow around that time .

Don't remember anything untoward with BPA .

I do remember as a nipper playing Villa in the early 70's when they dropped in to the old third division at that time .

It was proper carnage before , during and after .

Villa brought loads .

Barnsley bus station was a battle ground .

My old man kept me safe , god rest his soul .
    Proper education .

Kin Villa in Div 3! The wo champions o England & lifting European Cup within 10 years o that! Unbelievable.

It really is hard to imagine that the rivalry was that intense, especially when you look at both clubs fortunes since then.

First time I saw us play them was an away match in '85, and they had to play at Huddersfield's old Leeds road ground then.

And I really was pleased for them staying up in '97 under kammy Kamara, it was unbelievable Jeff. 😁

Kin Villa in Div 3! The wo champions o England & lifting European Cup within 10 years o that! Unbelievable.
    Pass , tha should have seen it in Barnsley town centre in 81 prior to the Newcatle game when we were just up from the third division .

I was obviously a bit older then and game as feck as tha are at that age .

Jesus Christ it was proper toe to toe and nobody was backing off anytime soon .

The Newcastle lads were game as owt , never backed off what so ever .

A score draw if that meks any sense .

Its a bit cringeworthy as a grandad today I have to say thinking back .

Life's a journey .

Barmy mate.

How was it with Bradford PA or wo them days afooar thy time Animal?
    Chalk n Cheese Pass , P A fans were and still are decent, they had what I thought the better ground of that Cities Clubs, "afoor SB and his mates from Five O gang pulled darn flag post during a 7-2 hammrin theer !!" I went back there a few season's ago along with around 300 from Athersley Rec, Albion Sports play there or did ?, Rec got promoted to NCEL PREMIER that season , it's different now all modern apart from remains of the Old Club house/shop , some great memorabilia on show depicting their past and Honours won , International Caps , shirts etc that were won/worn by Park Avenue player's , got some history that Club, Shame they are no longer in the Football League ,

Them clarts would've ed amber colors onum if the wo Mary's and thy Claret on em frum all feytin
    Good 'un.

In that respect nowts changed.

Monday wesh day and they are glowing amber art on line, hanging limp wi no wind and light drizzle. Poor drying day. An afternoon of p1ss steam ahead as they dry ovva fireguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Chalk n Cheese Pass , P A fans were and still are decent, they had what I thought the better ground of that Cities Clubs, "afoor SB and his mates from Five O gang pulled darn flag post during a 7-2 hammrin theer !!" I went back there a few season's ago along with around 300 from Athersley Rec, Albion Sports play there or did ?, Rec got promoted to NCEL PREMIER that season , it's different now all modern apart from remains of the Old Club house/shop , some great memorabilia on show depicting their past and Honours won , International Caps , shirts etc that were won/worn by Park Avenue player's , got some history that Club, Shame they are no longer in the Football League ,
    Interesting, cheers fo that mi owd. Av just been looking where BPA are at. Feytin relegation from Conference North. They went arta Football League in 1974. Just shows thi how well the likes of Wimbledon, Barra and Accrington ev done gerrin back in FL.

In Conference North thuz Bradfud PA, York City, Southpooart, Hereford, Darlington, Boston utd and Gateshead. All former members of the Football League wi good history.

Interesting, cheers fo that mi owd. Av just been looking where BPA are at. Feytin relegation from Conference North. They went arta Football League in 1974. Just shows thi how well the likes of Wimbledon, Barra and Accrington ev done gerrin back in FL.

In Conference North thuz Bradfud PA, York City, Southpooart, Hereford, Darlington, Boston utd and Gateshead. All former members of the Football League wi good history.
    we'll be added to that list if things carry on as they are now, av seen us win at all them grarnds above apart from Boston , when Hereford joined league ,I seem to remember we were first away team to win at Edgar Street ??, nice place , strange Welsh accent ! dintevvaclewathawarronabart !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Good 'un.

In that respect nowts changed.

Monday wesh day and they are glowing amber art on line, hanging limp wi no wind and light drizzle. Poor drying day. An afternoon of p1ss steam ahead as they dry ovva fireguard.
    light drizzle.…… Hence the amber glow!

I was at a game at Oakwell when a Police horse lost an eye in the middle of scrapping. Was that Bradford Animal ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast