+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Djokovic

He claimed to have covid 16th Dec but was with kids on 17th Dec Mmmmm

He clearly didnt have Covid at all he is telling porkies.

It doesnt matter whether he is clean living or not people in Melbourne were forced to have it or lose their jobs.

Of course Novax will get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Are you lunaspie in disguise?
    Forget him,sid - he's just another jealous walla-be.

I must admit I'm no fan of Novak Djokovic and never have been, so it wouldn't have bothered me if he was kicked out of Australia.

That said, it does sound like the Australian Government dropped the ball on this one, maybe allowing political motivations to override legal realities. I half suspected this morning's news when I heard yesterday that the Government lawyers had been trying to get the case adjourned until after the Aussie Open. It didn't suggest they were very confident about their case!

It would surprising if Novak won now though, with his preparations having been disrupted. Unless he finds some extra help from somewhere.
    Last edited by jackal2; 10-01-2022 at 06:55 PM.

Fed up of virtually every news bulletin covering this.

He says he wants to play, what was he going to do if he didn't get Covid in December?

He would also appear to be something of a prophet. The deadline for applying for a medical exemption was the 10th December, and he allegedly tested positive on the 16th.

Name:  novak.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  58.0 KB

After ScoMo's speech last week when he said there was not one rule for Djokovic and another rule for everyone else and with an election coming up this year he has made himself look an arse. Australia can still use their discretion to cancel his visa and as much as I dislike Djokovic this looks really bad for the country and for the Government and whilst I initially did not think he should be allowed to enter based on how he has been treated ( at least on the surface) I have changed my mind as it appears he did all the right things. Did he have COVID is the only missing piece for me that I would like to see some evidence of. This country does appear to have lost its way in the chaos of Omicron now. When I have the Chief QLD Health Doctor going on the news one minute telling me that if my kids get Covid it will just be a mild illness and on the other hand telling me that I need to vaccinate them against this mild illness a few hours later than you have to wonder. Our state based Governmental system has been shown up for all it is in COVID. A disastrous bureaucratic mis-mash of snouts in the trough and self serving large egos all of which need rounding up taking to the nearest field and putting out to pasture. This country needs a massive political overhaul both in terms of personalities involved and the system of Government.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    A disastrous bureaucratic mis-mash of snouts in the trough and self serving large egos all of which need rounding up taking to the nearest field and putting out to pasture. This country needs a massive political overhaul both in terms of personalities involved and the system of Government.
    Welcome to our world, you lot were always a few years behind us.

Apart from cricket of course.

Unfortunately this country is 3rd world in many aspects. I came here in 1988; it ain’t the same place, and I don’t mean for the better. Still better than Pomgolia though; trying to find an Albanian phrase book for my next visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Welcome to our world, you lot were always a few years behind us.

Apart from cricket of course.
    I don't really know what you mean by you lot. I've been of the opinion that the state based system of Government in Australia is stupid ever since I found out I only had a WA drivers license when I arrived in 2004! That opinion has never really wavered its just become more apparent to the general population in the last couple of years with 7 different sets of COVID rules in one country not covered over by this nonsensical national cabinet. Anyway don't want to hijack the post and will continue to laugh at Scomo re Djokovic.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast