+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Djokovic

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkirky_Pie View Post
    Nobody comes out of this sorry saga with any credit.

Djokovic knew the rules, and tried to get around them on a technicality. The Australian government have kicked him out on a technicality.

The whole thing has been a fiasco.
    Fair assessment. The only winners were media organisations around the world who had another long-running Covid-related saga to report.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    When is it? Think it is either 3 or 6 months after having it u can get vaccinated.
    Wonder if he hasn't had it due to religious beliefs? Believe it has geliatine sp?(pork) in it?
    Definitely no pork gelatine products in the covid vaccines from Pfizer, AZ or Modern.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Definitely no pork gelatine products in the covid vaccines from Pfizer, AZ or Modern.
    Thought that was the issue in the UK, why so many hadn't had it, or was just somebody scaremongering?

Thought that was the issue in the UK, why so many hadn't had it, or was just somebody scaremongering?
    Misinformation, naivety or whatever. They were incorrect.

Our government could take a leaf out of the australians,with how to keep your own council..
    I have family in Oz and they take no messing.
    They should of not let Djokovic into the country to begin wiith and that would of saved a load of hassle
    But the right decision was made..
    What’s gone at number 10 of late is a shambles

When is it? Think it is either 3 or 6 months after having it u can get vaccinated.
    Wonder if he hasn't had it due to religious beliefs? Believe it has geliatine sp?(pork) in it?
    May I believe - ref the gelatine, I think you are getting mixed up between vaccine and pork pie!

Listening to some Serbs on radio 4 about it the other day, what a bunch of nasty tinpot nationalist they come across sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Our government could take a leaf out of the australians,with how to keep your own council..
    I have family in Oz and they take no messing.
    They should of not let Djokovic into the country to begin wiith and that would of saved a load of hassle
    But the right decision was made..
    What’s gone at number 10 of late is a shambles

"They take no messing?" We have a PM who oversees all the other states, all of them run by wannabe dictators for the most part. They appear to do as they please and he appears to have little control over them. It's like 8 different countries in one big one, and the Djokovic affair perfectly illustrates how shambolic it can be/is down here too.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    "They take no messing?" We have a PM who oversees all the other states, all of them run by wannabe dictators for the most part. They appear to do as they please and he appears to have little control over them. It's like 8 different countries in one big one, and the Djokovic affair perfectly illustrates how shambolic it can be/is down here too.
    Agree to an extent mate. Different set of issues though in general to the U.K. here. Covid has shown the state based system up for the shambles that it is in this country as you well know. The UK is just run by a small group of anus breaths who seem to think that one rule applies to them and another rule applies to everyone else, a consistent trend for several years finally shown up for all it is lately. At least our premiers and PM have some humility and I would sooner our bunch of incompetent idiots than have to put up with Bozo et al. At least they have more balls than the Poms. There needs to be an overhaul of the state based system of Government in this country and 8 different opinions on one issue certainly won't move the country forward. I never liked tennis much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Agree to an extent mate. Different set of issues though in general to the U.K. here. Covid has shown the state based system up for the shambles that it is in this country as you well know. The UK is just run by a small group of anus breaths who seem to think that one rule applies to them and another rule applies to everyone else, a consistent trend for several years finally shown up for all it is lately. At least our premiers and PM have some humility and I would sooner our bunch of incompetent idiots than have to put up with Bozo et al. At least they have more balls than the Poms. There needs to be an overhaul of the state based system of Government in this country and 8 different opinions on one issue certainly won't move the country forward. I never liked tennis much anyway.
    Fair play to the Australian govt, there is no way on earth the UK govt would have taken such a hardline stance against someone like Djokovic. They’d have found some excuse to let him play. The bloke is a clown who believes in all sorts of pseudoscientific nonsense.

There’s been a load of criticism about how the Aussies have handled Covid, I’ve no idea why it’s been a lot better than us.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast