+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team of unwanted

Team of unwanted

Looking at our present team mostly made up of players that aren’t good enough or aren’t committed enough made me think of players over the last few years who we let go who we decided were not good enough for our club or players who we could make a quick buck on, yet these players probably will still be in the championship next season while we’ll be in Division 1

Some of the Players like,
    Davis
    Mowatt
    Brown
    Bradshaw
    Dougall
    Roberts
    Moncur
    Bree
    Jordan Clark
    Luke Berry
    Hourihane
    Yeadom
    Pearson
    And possibly Kane

Was just saying the same yesterday. Two at Hull I think, Elder and Wilks, Macdonalds possibly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Was just saying the same yesterday. Two at Hull I think, Elder and Wilks, Macdonalds possibly ?
    Elder wa tripe !

I don’t think that is the case.
    What we lack is a bit of experience.
    I, like most, have been critical of players like Moon, Palmer, Gomes etc.
    But I think we need to take a step back and realise that we are fielding a U23 side week in week out.

Schopp said we needed more experience in the team.
    Half way through the season we can clearly see how true that has been.
    I do believe the owners believed the young talent at the club would cope easily.
    They haven’t.

Int hindsight a marvellous thing.

The young players at the club arn’t bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Elder wa tripe !
    Which other Callum was here? Didn’t stay long……. Liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I don’t think that is the case.
    What we lack is a bit of experience.
    I, like most, have been critical of players like Moon, Palmer, Gomes etc.
    But I think we need to take a step back and realise that we are fielding a U23 side week in week out.

Schopp said we needed more experience in the team.
    Half way through the season we can clearly see how true that has been.
    I do believe the owners believed the young talent at the club would cope easily.
    They haven’t.

Int hindsight a marvellous thing.

The young players at the club arn’t bad players.
    The whole model of the club is to buy young players to sell for the arseoyle's profit.

Every game is like playing an U23 team for the opposition, hence our record of W2 D8 L14 so far in the league.

It's no surprise our better players in recent times are/were the few old eeads in the team--Solbauer 30, Helik 24, Mowatt25, Moore29, Woodrow25, James28, Morris24.

Av sed befooar unless we evva model of five 25 + olds in the team plus any decent developing young 'uns we'll struggle to win owt. It's not hindsight , it's common sense proven to be true in football for decades---but these arseoyles think they know better.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-01-2022 at 02:41 PM.

100% agree with that SB

We defiantly needed some experience in the middle of the park when Mowatt left and I'll be the first to admit I'm posting this with the benefit of hindsight .

I'd high hopes Benson , Styles , Palmer and Gomes would be good enough , energetic and creative .

I liked Mowatt but nothing more than that but hes proved to be a huge loss .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The whole model of the club is to buy young players to sell for the arseoyle's profit.

Every game is like playing an U23 team for the opposition, hence our record of W2 D8 L14 so far in the league.

It's no surprise our better players in recent times are/were the few old eeads in the team--Solbauer 30, Helik 24, Mowatt25, Moore29, Woodrow25, James28, Morris24.

Av sed befooar unless we evva model of five 25 + olds in the team plus any decent developing young 'uns we'll struggle to win owt. It's not hindsight , it's common sense proven to be true in football for decades---but these arseoyles think they know better.
    Can’t fault thi.

I wun't mind this lot as much SB, if they would change their selfish ignorant greedy way of running the club.
    Who else has this pathetic mindset ehh, that players must not be over 25 because they won't have any sell on value. 😕