+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sturgeon

Steward - 'Excuse me can I see your evidence of vaccination'?

RRoS - 'Are you a medical professional'?

Steward - 'No'

RRoS - 'Then the answer is no you can't see my personal medical record of vaccination, ask someone else to help you hit your target of numbers checked'

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Queue for a ticket, queue to get your 'Covid Passport' checked then queue to get in the gate.

Mr. Sensible will be raging.
    Surely this isn’t the same Mr Sensible who posts on the DBF?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Cancelled livvy and dumbarton, already got tic for dabs game.....see if I can get in without getting checked then take it from there future games.

But I'm assuming dabs game will be my last bought ticket.

Will prob still chance it with free or acquired tic.
    I'm the same, got tic for dabs game so will do a hoose test just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Papers are reporting that the new rules relate to all events attracting over 1,000 people not 10,000. If we actually do have to challenge half the crowd to prove vaccination (three doses as well) or negative Lateral Flow Test then they'll better open the gates fine and early and folk will have to turn up early to get in. In the real world though I expect we will do the best we can re testing and check as many as we can. Then of course there is the fact that LFTs are virtually meaningless as a weapon in identifying whether a body has Covid when all you have to do is report a negative test whether it is positive, negative or whether you even bothered to do the darn test in the first place. More virtue signalling and a pointless exercise.
    If the limit is 10000 what are the OF Hearts Hibs and Aberdeen going to do? Seems to me Football fans should be writing to their MSP and asking for the rules to be changed to reflect the current situation. Islay is there not a website that helps you to identify your MSP and email him directly? Perhaps a campaign of mass complaint might change things?

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Surely this isn’t the same Mr Sensible who posts on the DBF?
    Boy's a legend, great poster.

Boy's a legend, great poster.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I'm the same, got tic for dabs game so will do a hoose test just in case.
    I'll go with free and somebody else season tic .....it's only 20 mins wasted if don't get in but no buying a concession and no getting in .....that wouldn't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    If the limit is 10000 what are the OF Hearts Hibs and Aberdeen going to do? Seems to me Football fans should be writing to their MSP and asking for the rules to be changed to reflect the current situation. Islay is there not a website that helps you to identify your MSP and email him directly? Perhaps a campaign of mass complaint might change things?
    This afternoon I sent an email to my MSP to complain about these new rules which means that 50% of people attending a football match with over 1,000 spectators will have to show their vaccine passport which only shows that they have received their Covid-19 vaccinations. I further added that the vaccine passport does not show if a person is suffering from the Covid-19 virus.
    I then told my MSP that a positive PCR test does not show whether a person is suffering from the Delta (Indian) variant or the Omnicron (South African) variant which has the same symptoms as the Common Cold virus and to date no vaccines have been produced to deal with the Common Cold. I also said that there is no way that Nicola Sturgeon could stand up at her daily press conference at state that she believed that 90% of positive PCR tests in Scotland were the Omnicron variant when the PCR test cannot differentiate between the Delta and Omnicron variants.
    I asked my MSP to immediately forward my complaint to Nicola Sturgeon about her new rules for people attending football matches. I said that the previous rules where 20% of people attending a football match with over 10,000 spectators should have been reinstated immediately after 17th January 2022.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 12-01-2022 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Papers are reporting that the new rules relate to all events attracting over 1,000 people not 10,000. If we actually do have to challenge half the crowd to prove vaccination (three doses as well) or negative Lateral Flow Test then they'll better open the gates fine and early and folk will have to turn up early to get in. In the real world though I expect we will do the best we can re testing and check as many as we can. Then of course there is the fact that LFTs are virtually meaningless as a weapon in identifying whether a body has Covid when all you have to do is report a negative test whether it is positive, negative or whether you even bothered to do the darn test in the first place. More virtue signalling and a pointless exercise.
    There is also a problem with registering a lateral flow test if the person taking the test does not have a computer. No doubt the halfwits at Holyrood have not considered that scenario.

Queue for a ticket, queue to get your 'Covid Passport' checked then queue to get in the gate.

Mr. Sensible will be raging.
    Thanks to Nippy’s crazy rules in Scotland we are returning to the bad old days of Eastern European Communist countries.
    In June 1983 my wife and I had a fortnight’s holiday in Golden Sands in Bulgaria.
    One day we took the local bus service to Varna and had lunch in a restaurant. It was more like a basic transport cafe.
    We had to queue up to order our meal, then queue again to pay for it. We then had to queue to receive our meal as there was no table service. To cap it all we had to eat our chicken and chips using two forks because there were no knives available for use. Everyone was eating their meal using two forks. No wonder half of the residents of Eastern European countries were desperate to go and live in Western Europe after the Berlin Wall came down.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)