+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sturgeon

Masks for 6 years.....why would anyone apart from those who have never made a decision for themselves vote for this nutter

COVID is her dream scenario and she never wants to let it go.

6 years, plucked out of the air ....reason ...because she can and people comply.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Masks for 6 years.....why would anyone apart from those who have never made a decision for themselves vote for this nutter

COVID is her dream scenario and she never wants to let it go.

6 years, plucked out of the air ....reason ...because she can and people comply.
    Where are you hearing this? Absolute disgrace if it's actually being considered and I really can't see many, if any, complying with it for that length of time or anywhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Where are you hearing this? Absolute disgrace if it's actually being considered and I really can't see many, if any, complying with it for that length of time or anywhere near it.
    Read it in telegraph and mail couple of days ago also being reported on one of the talk radio shows today as I was coming home in car.......part of her learning to live with covid strategy......reminded me I hadn't posted about it

No evidence masks have a significant benefits, no evidence COVID passports work, evidence that restrictions don't work.....but hey let's ignore the science and crack on.

I'm not having a pop at independence or even SNP supporters but her, I really ****ing hate her more than dabs, she has completely jumped the shark.

Read it in telegraph and mail couple of days ago also being reported on one of the talk radio shows today as I was coming home in car.......part of her learning to live with covid strategy......reminded me I hadn't posted about it

No evidence masks have a significant benefits, no evidence COVID passports work, evidence that restrictions don't work.....but hey let's ignore the science and crack on.

I'm not having a pop at independence or even SNP supporters but her, I really ****ing hate her more than dabs, she has completely jumped the shark.
    term "jumping the shark," as coined by Jon Hein for his Website devoted to the devolution of television shows, signals a pivot point in which a writer' room starts resorting to desperate measures to maintain viewers' interest.2 Oct 2014. Thanks for this excellent phrase. I am trying to find a way to change my previous opinion that the doubled jabbed and boosted population should be prioritised over those who do not want to get vaccinated or wear masks.
    I know you took exception to my thoughts on the matter and I have asked myself the following question. Does an unvaccinated person give off a higher virus load than someone who has been double vaccinated and boosted. It seems that if the risk of infection is always for the unvaccinated then why do we need vaccine passports?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    term "jumping the shark," as coined by Jon Hein for his Website devoted to the devolution of television shows, signals a pivot point in which a writer' room starts resorting to desperate measures to maintain viewers' interest.2 Oct 2014. Thanks for this excellent phrase. I am trying to find a way to change my previous opinion that the doubled jabbed and boosted population should be prioritised over those who do not want to get vaccinated or wear masks.
    I know you took exception to my thoughts on the matter and I have asked myself the following question. Does an unvaccinated person give off a higher virus load than someone who has been double vaccinated and boosted. It seems that if the risk of infection is always for the unvaccinated then why do we need vaccine passports?
    The choice to have, or not to have, the vaccination is not the individual's it's almost become a directive. Part of that choice is accepting the risk of contracting Covid, non vaxers (I won't use the term anti vaxers because that's different) know that and choose to take that risk.

It's absolutely ridiculous that those who choose to take the vaccine are subsequently penalised by still having to wear a face covering in order to 'protect' another individual from an infection that that other individual has chosen to risk catching.

Notwithstanding of course the face coverings are completely ineffective anyway.

I always thought it came from an episode of happy days when it was running out of storylines for an ageing Fonzie and the scriptwriters wrote a scene where he jumped over a shark on water skis ....ridiculous....hence the phrase "jumping the shark"

We don't need vaccine passports....she wants them.....they have admitted they serve no useful purpose for controlling any virus.....all about controlling people.

You are very polite bcram.....I didn't take exception.....I boiled over like a pan o tatties on full power....I was raging that someone like yourself could think that it was acceptable for Govts to do that.......I think public opinion has changed significantly since then but not enough to stop them thinking about imposing checks in pubs and other smaller venues......I find it terrifying.

If you remember I said I'd use you as a barometer of public opinion, I'm delighted that your opinion appears to be shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The choice to have, or not to have, the vaccination is not the individual's it's almost become a directive. Part of that choice is accepting the risk of contracting Covid, non vaxers (I won't use the term anti vaxers because that's different) know that and choose to take that risk.

It's absolutely ridiculous that those who choose to take the vaccine are subsequently penalised by still having to wear a face covering in order to 'protect' another individual from an infection that that other individual has chosen to risk catching.

Notwithstanding of course the face coverings are completely ineffective anyway.
    I'm vaxed, I couldn't care less if the person sitting next to me is or isn't......it's none of my concern.

Would I be concerned if they had COVID, probably not since I'm vaccinated, can still catch it but hopefully far less severe.

You can't live life risk free, you can live but it's not life.

As you identified early doors this is opportunity knocks for those that want to interfere in our lives and up here in Scotland I think far too many people are accepting, allowing and encouraging this.

I've no doubt they will continue restrictions for as long as they can (years) and lock everyone up or close everything down in winter.

Her learning to live with covid means continued restrictions when people think she means lifting restrictions.....she has no intention of doing so

I always thought it came from an episode of happy days when it was running out of storylines for an ageing Fonzie and the scriptwriters wrote a scene where he jumped over a shark on water skis ....ridiculous....hence the phrase "jumping the shark"

We don't need vaccine passports....she wants them.....they have admitted they serve no useful purpose for controlling any virus.....all about controlling people.

You are very polite bcram.....I didn't take exception.....I boiled over like a pan o tatties on full power....I was raging that someone like yourself could think that it was acceptable for Govts to do that.......I think public opinion has changed significantly since then but not enough to stop them thinking about imposing checks in pubs and other smaller venues......I find it terrifying.

If you remember I said I'd use you as a barometer of public opinion, I'm delighted that your opinion appears to be shifting.
    The Fonze was mentioned in the Google reference but I think that was because it was the first example. Would like some statistics or medical comment about the infectivity of those who have been vaccinated compared with those who have not been vaccinated.

The Fonze was mentioned in the Google reference but I think that was because it was the first example. Would like some statistics or medical comment about the infectivity of those who have been vaccinated compared with those who have not been vaccinated.
    From what I've read and researched myself.....the viral load in the vaxed and unvaxed is almost identical, the unvaxed take slightly longer (24 to 36 hours) to pass their peak viral load.

And the further away in time from last booster the difference becomes almost negligible.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)