+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Notts County Passes Away

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Uncle Colin has sadly passed away this evening the Club has announced. Gutted is the word that comes to mind
    A very very sad day for Notts County, a true gentleman and a walking encyclopaedia about Notts County. He never forgot your name and will never be replaced.

[Several threads merged to here]

Feels like an old friend has gone, started listening to him 74 75 season, memories of sitting in the Greek cafe after the match with his match report waiting for the Yorker to open at six.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Feels like an old friend has gone, started listening to him 74 75 season, memories of sitting in the Greek cafe after the match with his match report waiting for the Yorker to open at six.
    Was that the cafe next to Jolley's Taxis?

A great bloke who did so much for Notts. The club would have been long forgotten were in not for his efforts in bringing about that rescue in 1965 and he did a heck of a lot for Notts in subsequent years. R I P

one of a kind, sad news RIP

An absolute constant in all our lives following Notts over the decades.
    RIP. Colin Slater.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    A great bloke who did so much for Notts. The club would have been long forgotten were in not for his efforts in bringing about that rescue in 1965 and he did a heck of a lot for Notts in subsequent years. R I P
    This is someone you can call a "club legend" who burnt the midnight oil on Notts'
    Should re name the pavis after "uncle col"

Really sad news. As with many of us, I spent many a Saturday listening to his commentary and the latest news on Notts.

An iconic voice and journalist. RIP Colin.

All those years living abroad and he was always my first link back to the club. RIP sir.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast