+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Notts County Passes Away

R.I.P Colin Slater
    Remember fondly listening to his bulletins during matches, (no match commentaried in those days) always hoping he would start with, 'you join me with 'Counteh a goal to the good'.

Genuinely in tears at that news. Knew he wasn't well but so sad. God knows how many times I listened to him but he was the voice of from my childhood up until my 50's. Bless him. Legend

RIP Colin.

How many classic lines? "Counteh clear their lines again " was a personal favourite ❤❤

Thanks Uncle Col for all you did for Notts...
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    This is someone you can call a "club legend" who burnt the midnight oil on Notts'
    Should re name the pavis after "uncle col"
    I wouldn't remove Derek Pavis' name because he played his own part in Notts County's history and the delivery of the new stadium, but how about the Kop? It is the home to our most fervent support after all.

Very sad, I started watching Notts 50 years ago and his voice is so memorable even from those days. A couple of bulletins each half and half-time and full-time reports. I hung on every word.

Will be greatly missed and he's right up there with the club greats. Truly a legend - a gentleman in every way.

Very sad to hear the news of the passing of Colin Slater. An old-school gentleman and a true professional who's commentaries hold so many memories over the years.

Thank you for your years of fine service to the club Colin.

God bless and sleep well.

Oh dear...I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. His commentaries kept me close to Notts up in Glasgow.
    I was so hoping Notts would get promotion so Uncle Colin could witness it. Though it was not to be his spirit will still be with us.
    Rest in peace uncle Colin.

Unbelievably sad news. Thoughts and prayers with his family.
    He will always be the voice of Notts County for me. So many memories created by him when I could only listen to games on the radio.
    RIP uncle Colin.
    A true Notts County legend.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast