+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Notts County Passes Away

So sad to hear this news
    RIP SIR Collin

A true legend of broadcasting and a REAL gentleman

Very sad. Will never hear “high dropping ball” again.

RIP Colin.

'High dropping ball'....one of my favourites.
    Legend.
    He will be dearly missed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I wouldn't remove Derek Pavis' name because he played his own part in Notts County's history and the delivery of the new stadium, but how about the Kop? It is the home to our most fervent support after all.
    The ''Colin Slater Kop'' would be a nice tribute.

Another link with the past, now alas gone. Lovely chap, lovely memories

Another part of most of our childhoods gone. Probably not an exaggeration to say he was the last of a dying breed. Not many clubs have had the privilege of such a contribution from one man.

We fall out about pretty much everything on here, including our own team, but I'm sure we all feel the same way tonight.

a day that has been coming, still, sad none the less. He used to make me laugh and despair in equal measure with his commentary.

RIP Colin ...Thank you for everything you did for our great club.

RIP Colin and thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard_Bresslaw View Post
    Another part of most of our childhoods gone. Probably not an exaggeration to say he was the last of a dying breed. Not many clubs have had the privilege of such a contribution from one man.

We fall out about pretty much everything on here, including our own team, but I'm sure we all feel the same way tonight.
    This first line is exactly the words I was thinking of. Each time a lifetime constant is irretrievably removed it really does make you stop and reflect. 😔

Always used to add the word ‘defensively’ to any description of Notts clearing their lines, funny how you remember the oddest things.

Bless & RIP Colin.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast