+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Men Dying First!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Back to the original topic, yes women do tend to live longer than men, but I think the age difference has narrowed. I have two mates who both lost their wives in the last two years.
    When I worked on the council and had to work in the cemeteries men on the stones died in their thirties, forties, and fifties, very few reached retiring age, while their wives lasted until their eighties.
    Jobs were much heavier and more dangerous back then and industrial diseases got quite a few.
    A bit of a misnomer I think Des.

The average dying age of both men and women had increased over the decades but the actual “gap” between the dying age has remained pretty much the same I believe if you check the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

The average dying age of both men and women had increased over the decades but the actual “gap” between the dying age has remained pretty much the same I believe if you check the stats.

I don't want to die until West Brom get into Europe!

A neighbour died in October aged 65, I spoke to her in her garden two days before she died. I asked her how she was and she said I'm okay, how are you?
    The next day she was rushed in pain to hospital where she died within 24 hours. She had cancer but didn't know until the end.
    Both my mates wives also died of cancer aged 70 and 65.
    It seems more women are getting cancer these days.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    A neighbour died in October aged 65, I spoke to her in her garden two days before she died. I asked her how she was and she said I'm okay, how are you?
    The next day she was rushed in pain to hospital where she died within 24 hours. She had cancer but didn't know until the end.
    Both my mates wives also died of cancer aged 70 and 65.
    It seems more women are getting cancer these days.

Yes and the majority have nothing to do with alcohol! Maybe had they tasted a nice Barefoot it would have taken away some stress!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Yes and the majority have nothing to do with alcohol! Maybe had they tasted a nice Barefoot it would have taken away some stress!
    Many women are dying from liver and kidney cancer due to alcahol consumption.

The numbers will be stratospheric 20-30 years from now due to the “ladette” culture.

Many women are dying from liver and kidney cancer due to alcahol consumption.

The numbers will be stratospheric 20-30 years from now due to the “ladette” culture.

Most cancers in women ie breast have nothing to do with alcohol. If you don’t drink alcohol you can convince yourself it’s poison. I know more people who have dropped dead or died of cancers who didn’t drink alcohol or were really fit!

My dads mate who was a tennis coach at 45 and as fit as a butchers dog convinced himself alcohol was the devils brew - sadly he’s in a box now and had no previous health issues whatsoever. Each to their own and I hate smoking but have no issues if people want to smoke. My neighbour is 92 and drinks like a fish and smokes like a chimney - good for him!

Many GP’S actually recommend in moderation red wine.
    Last edited by baggieal; 16-01-2022 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Most cancers in women ie breast have nothing to do with alcohol. If you don’t drink alcohol you can convince yourself it’s poison. I know more people who have dropped dead or died of cancers who didn’t drink alcohol or were really fit!

My dads mate who was a tennis coach at 45 and as fit as a butchers dog convinced himself alcohol was the devils brew - sadly he’s in a box now and had no previous health issues whatsoever. Each to their own and I hate smoking but have no issues if people want to smoke. My neighbour is 92 and drinks like a fish and smokes like a chimney - good for him!

Many GP’S actually recommend in moderation red wine.
    You keep making the same points Al and making out it’s all to do with me being a non drinker.

It’s nothing of the sort, for every “tennis coach” you know who dropped dead early I know of more who’ve died due to liver and kidney disease due to alcohol.

It’s up to individuals to put into their body what they want to put in but the figures are the figures and alcohol related kidney and liver disease in women has grown exponentially in the last two decades and continues to do so.

I’m glad my daughters are only occasional, social drinkers and don’t keep alcohol at home.

I said prev, I have my own demons, I’m just about to reach for the choc chip cookies which are likely to help block my arteries.

The difference here is that I accept that I’m probably damaging health whereas daily alcohol drinkers tend to be in total denial.

It’s dead easy to get a liver function and liver fat scan done, it’d scare the s h I t out of many drinkers if they did these tests.

You keep making the same points Al and making out it’s all to do with me being a non drinker.

It’s nothing of the sort, for every “tennis coach” you know who dropped dead early I know of more who’ve died due to liver and kidney disease due to alcohol.

It’s up to individuals to put into their body what they want to put in but the figures are the figures and alcohol related kidney and liver disease in women has grown exponentially in the last two decades and continues to do so.

I’m glad my daughters are only occasional, social drinkers and don’t keep alcohol at home.

I said prev, I have my own demons, I’m just about to reach for the choc chip cookies which are likely to help block my arteries.

The difference here is that I accept that I’m probably damaging health whereas daily alcohol drinkers tend to be in total denial.

It’s dead easy to get a liver function and liver fat scan done, it’d scare the s h I t out of many drinkers if they did these tests.

Don’t disagree Mick but drugs and gambling can destroy more lives than alcohol which is not consumed stupidly! It’s always those that don’t do something that slate something though!

Everyone to their own but I had a fantastic time 18 to 35 age where 99.9% consumed alcohol and it improved confidence and the social aspect.

Bit like the vaccine though that’s personal - everyone to their own and I respect both views. To vaccinate kids in my eyes is sheer madness but that’s my view. Grandparents really should leave decision making to their kids as it will cause arguments and to be fair many are out of touch anyway - well my mother-in-law is and she’s 68 so she knows to button it!

I spent many years in Spain where young
    t eens were encouraged to have a

glass of wine - it encouraged talking - engaging with adults but gadgets over there at meal times were banned unlike this country!

More obese kids in the U.K. than France or Spain and many here who don’t know how to engage with adults as they are quite thick which is why Asians/Indians do so well - they value education and bring their kids up ( generally ) with better values than white kids!
    Last edited by baggieal; 16-01-2022 at 08:43 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)