+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Dying First!

Men Dying First!

My mum has lived in the same road since 1967 and some of her neighbours have lived there since the road was built in 1962 so by definition, they’re all now 80+ with some now 90+.

Regardless of the age they actually reached, if any of these people is now on their own they are women, in every single case including my mum’s own situation it’s the men that dropped off the perch first.

There isn’t a single lone, widowed male amongst all of these long term neighbours.

My dad dies first, his dad died well before his mum and my mum’s dad went nearly 20 years before her mum.

My wife is 5 years older than me but her dad has actually outlived her mum who dies at 85 and he’s now 92 so I expect she’ll outlive me.

Enjoy your evening, hopefully you’ll be around to post tomorrow.

I hope I go before my wife.

The gap is closing for sure. Men take more interest in there health nowadays....harder manual jobs in the past...but changing now

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I hope I go before my wife.
    Me too, women are much better at managing things than us.
    We never knew anything before we were born and I doubt death will be the same, it will be like sleep without the dreams. A long sleep, an eternal sleep.
    Life is just the uncomfortable bit in eternal sleep, like you have been roughly shaken awake, and you have to spend time finding things to do before you nod off again.

What is the worst, living for eternity or being dead for eternity?
    Ooh, it meks ya yed goo funny just thinkin abaht it Dow it?

People who die dont go anywhere they just cease to exist... forever.
    If you swat a fly it doesn't go anywhere it ceases to exist, we are exactly the same.
    It's hard to imagine what death is like, it's neither dark nor light because you would need awareness to see that, and when we die we are aware of nothing, not even of the life we have just lived.
    A second would be the same as a billion years.
    Every day the nothing gets closer and closer.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    People who die dont go anywhere they just cease to exist... forever.
    If you swat a fly it doesn't go anywhere it ceases to exist, we are exactly the same.
    It's hard to imagine what death is like, it's neither dark nor light because you would need awareness to see that, and when we die we are aware of nothing, not even of the life we have just lived.
    A second would be the same as a billion years.
    Every day the nothing gets closer and closer.
    You may well be right but who knows for sure. Used to think George Harrison was sort of naive with his Hindu influenced belief that "there was never a time that you or I didn't exist and never a time when we wont" but maybe there is something in this and certainly such beliefs must give a degree of solace. It's logically possible I suppose. All I can say is that when I worked in hospital many years ago and did my first "old soldiers kit" and closed the old fellas eyes, the Catholic nurse I was with opened the window of the side ward we were on and proclaimed "Ah now, see his little soul fly to heaven" and you can see that it is now just a body lying there now just flesh and bone and "something" has definitely departed. Life? Soul? Electrical impulses? Can see how some might believe in a spirit or soul even if don't buy into rest of religious stuff.

So then Des....you think death is like asleep without the dreams? Along long long sleep...just without dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    People who die dont go anywhere they just cease to exist... forever
    What's the evidence for this view?
    Are you summising this based on your life time of experience and watching the world around you?
    Or is the lack of evidence the evidence?

If you go to Egypt and visit the valley of the king's you will find the mummies that have been dead for five thousand years are still there. Now, what's the evidence for an afterlife?
    People are unwilling to think there is nothing else that is why they use different religions as a crutch to cling to.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)