+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bambo Diaby

Bambo Diaby

Bambo can start playing again on the 16th of January. Training with Preston and going to make a decision this week on weather to give him a contract!!!

Thought he was a shocking defender personally .

Always gave his all I will say that mind .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Thought he was a shocking defender personally .

Always gave his all I will say that mind .
    another who added some comedy value to the team !!! Capable of being a really good player on his day , good luck to him,

He can claim in his autobiography that he was part of the best ever transfer window in the history of Barnsley Football Club.

....... and that was from a man who knows more about football than the rest of us put together--Paul Conway

I would take him back , he would be perfect for division one next year, he is raw but can improve with coaching , he was fairly quick & powerful & appears to love the club , it is obvious that some our defenders will be leaving & at least we know what we are getting with Bambo , I am sure many will disagree with me but my opinion is he would be a cheap addition to the squad who could do a job . I also think Anderson was as green as Bambo when they came & he has turned out half decent although that guarantee"s nothing .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I would take him back , he would be perfect for division one next year, he is raw but can improve with coaching , he was fairly quick & powerful & appears to love the club , it is obvious that some our defenders will be leaving & at least we know what we are getting with Bambo , I am sure many will disagree with me but my opinion is he would be a cheap addition to the squad who could do a job . I also think Anderson was as green as Bambo when they came & he has turned out half decent although that guarantee"s nothing .
    I agree with you Shadrack. There were some comical errors but he never got a really good run in the team with the same defenders around him. With that would have come consistency I believe and he'd have shown himself in time to be an asset to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I agree with you Shadrack. There were some comical errors but he never got a really good run in the team with the same defenders around him. With that would have come consistency I believe and he'd have shown himself in time to be an asset to the team.
    Diaby never got a decent run in the team and got the chance to gain experience similar to Andersen because he was banned for two years for being in breach of FA Anti Doping Regulations.

Yeah maybe we should sign him and stick with Walton in goal as well, who is better than Collins apparently. 😄

Seriously, for me Diaby was what it says on the tin... 'Not good enough!'.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Diaby never got a decent run in the team and got the chance to gain experience similar to Andersen because he was banned for two years for being in breach of FA Anti Doping Regulations.
    Up to the point of the doping issue, he didn't get a run in the team. I totally agree that he should be disciplined, as he was, for doping offences. Hopefully he's learned a lesson. Still a decent player for me though.

No way this club would take him back. They couldn’t afford the anti racist fines ever time “The song” was sung. Conway would be Brassic. !