+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Game Charlton prediction

Next Game Charlton prediction

Charlie Kirk possibly returning to show us what we are missing ? A comfortable win for Charlton 0-3

Looks like we are playing 3-4-3 (?)

Mandron is captain, and Connor Salisbury is on the bench - think he could be a good impact sub for us ...

No Kirk and no Dale !!

Prediction 3-2 win 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Looks like we are playing 3-4-3 (?)

Mandron is captain, and Connor Salisbury is on the bench - think he could be a good impact sub for us ...

No Kirk and no Dale !!

Prediction 3-2 win 🤞

Jesus that linesman is on my Xmas Card list, what is it about Crewe cant finish teams off and end up hanging on like an office worker on a Mumbai train. Just about deserved the win Finney much better tonight, Long played well and Mandron played well also Porter put in another mammoth shift his old legs must be knackered. Lowery played well,Robertson has a poor game by his standards. Travis Johnson did well, Offord a colossus as was Williams Sass Davies has to cut out those silly mistakes, One of Richards better games and kept us in it albeit did fumble a couple, have I missed anyone out ?

Important win .....Obviously, good for morale, shows it is possible to get 3 points when it seemed in the past we couldn't buy a win, still think we need to strengthen though.

Well that was interesting, they were all over us for the first twenty minutes, but luckily couldn't finish. We grew into the game, Chris Porter had one of the best games I've seen him play in a Crewe Shirt, the combination of him and Longy, looks very fruitful.
    It makes me however, very uneasy when only one goal ahead we start time wasting, and indeed we very nearly regreted that. What a dramatic end, what are our thoughts on the disallowed goal, now we've had a chance to review it?
    Thank goodness though, it would have been a just a tad unfair...where did 6 minutes come from anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Well that was interesting, they were all over us for the first twenty minutes, but luckily couldn't finish. We grew into the game, Chris Porter had one of the best games I've seen him play in a Crewe Shirt, the combination of him and Longy, looks very fruitful.
    It makes me however, very uneasy when only one goal ahead we start time wasting, and indeed we very nearly regreted that. What a dramatic end, what are our thoughts on the disallowed goal, now we've had a chance to review it?
    Thank goodness though, it would have been a just a tad unfair...where did 6 minutes come from anyway?
    I have to question the 6 minutes, I don't think anybody inside the ground could understand that decision, but there were a couple of bizarre decisions from the ref and it was down to an eagle eyed linesman to level that up, we did have a player tripped in the box without the official pointing to the spot and had another almost wrestled to the ground at a corner, again missed by the official. Then the bizarre 6 minutes at the end which led to the disallowed goal and a bit of justice with a well deserved and hard fought 3 points.

My neighbour in the stand rightly predicted 6! 3 for the subs, 1 for the trainer on we thought was the starting point - and I think the ref added time for us time-wasting (though of course, apart from Trig's bizarre yellow, we mostly did it at the corner flag.) I still don't know what happened at the end - if the liner flagged for offside as we assumed when we saw the flag up, what did they talk about for 3 minutes?? If it was a foul on the keeper why did Trig take the kick outside the 6 yard box ....

I think their forward who was offside and was very close to Trig, was deemed to have interfered wuth play. That's the debatable point, some Charlton fans say if he was Trig would have been up staight away complaining...but I have to say most didn't seem too upset about it.

But overall it was a really good feeling when coming out of the stadium. It wasn't the most technically pure game but it was full of passion which got the crowd up and how often does that happen? There were plaudits all over the pitch and..... be ready for a shock... but I thought Finney had a really good game!! At last he was involved and harried. In fact it was the constant harrying throughout the team I appreciated most of all. It was great having Mandron on to add to the front two when he got forward and the resulting goal and assist are testament to that. Yes, I know that he lost his man at the back a few times but maybe the extra strike minded player made all the difference. I really like Travis. He has learnt from the master (Perry Ng) when he wins those free kicks. I'm really happy to see Long back and lets hope that he can remain injury free for the rest of the season. Just need some others to score now.