+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brittain

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Has improved slightly attitude wise (In my opinion) since Schopp left, but was still very outspoken and him and Woodrow for me are likely to be 2 of the bad eggs in the squad (allegedly). His positional sense is debatable, his final ball is shocking when given time to think about it, and as for finishing, would struggle on Most folks missuses.

Get rid and count your money!
    How do you come to the conclusion that Brittain & Woodrow are bad eggs ? I have seen no evidence to suggest anything of the sort but if you have then please spill the beans

The sales will be made after Blackpool, not before. There’s a good weeks then before the next home game, when the owners will hope folk will have calmed down about the “Mega Sale” or even wait till deadline day to ship the other 6 I predicted

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    How do you come to the conclusion that Brittain & Woodrow are bad eggs ? I have seen no evidence to suggest anything of the sort but if you have then please spill the beans
    Both very vocal about the previous manager and tactics. Woodrow then deciding he was qualified to have an opinion on 'fickle fans' - The irony (which is not lost on me) is that whilst he was probably contemplating his next move, I was sat freezing my cahoonas off watching the game against Barrow in East Stand. None of these rantings would have happened under Big Val as they would have been heading for the Oakwell exit door. As I have mentioned before on here Woodrow for me is quite a lazy player who merely jogs parallel to the defender and passes that off as pressing, rather than run at the defender with purpose.

No beans to spill, just based on media outbursts - which frankly is totally unacceptable

Both very vocal about the previous manager and tactics. Woodrow then deciding he was qualified to have an opinion on 'fickle fans' - The irony (which is not lost on me) is that whilst he was probably contemplating his next move, I was sat freezing my cahoonas off watching the game against Barrow in East Stand. None of these rantings would have happened under Big Val as they would have been heading for the Oakwell exit door. As I have mentioned before on here Woodrow for me is quite a lazy player who merely jogs parallel to the defender and passes that off as pressing, rather than run at the defender with purpose.

No beans to spill, just based on media outbursts - which frankly is totally unacceptable
    Totally disagree with you , firstly Woodrow is not a lazy player , even if he his having a poor game he works his nuts off & secondly , he is interviewed by the media & asked questions by the media & the lad has every right to reply & is totally acceptable bearing in mind players are contracted by the club to attend press conferences etc & has captain he has to do his share but to accuse somebody of being a bad egg without evidence well that is totally unacceptable in my eyes.

Totally disagree with you , firstly Woodrow is not a lazy player , even if he his having a poor game he works his nuts off & secondly , he is interviewed by the media & asked questions by the media & the lad has every right to reply & is totally acceptable bearing in mind players are contracted by the club to attend press conferences etc & has captain he has to do his share but to accuse somebody of being a bad egg without evidence well that is totally unacceptable in my eyes.
    In MY opinion he doesnt work his nuts off, if you consider casually jogging at the side of a player grafting then you clearly have a different view - he never closes down with purpose, points alot, messes with his shorts and spends most of the game on the floor

Doing a press conference is one thing, controlling what comes out of your pie hole is another.

If you think his criticism of fans via twitter was justified then thats your opinion, it does not ooze quality and was very divisive - as in this case. Have I not given you examples of evidence?! Twitter and the interview criticising Schopp. He's the club captain FFS!! His actions hardly unite the club do they ?

WHat CW doesnt like is the fact he has been called out for what he is - an average CF who is out of his depth at this level as it stands - he is a L1 player all day long

“The fickle fans will say lots about me. They don’t have a clue about football really. The people that matter, they know what I bring to the team” - Barnsley captain Cauley Woodrow

There you go!!

Without siding one way or the other on Woodrow if fans want to call him lazy or whatever then they’ve got to except that he has the right to his opinions.
    neither Woodrow or the fans can claim their views are right is all about personal opinions just the same as members of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Without siding one way or the other on Woodrow if fans want to call him lazy or whatever then they’ve got to except that he has the right to his opinions.
    neither Woodrow or the fans can claim their views are right is all about personal opinions just the same as members of this forum.
    I agree to a point, however when it comes to criticising fans with footballers, then his opinions are best either to himself or to his friends and family for the simple reason - we help pay his wages. Funny how he hasn't turned on the board regarding their strategy, because I'm sure if a question was aimed at him regarding this he would manage to rustle up a diplomatic answer and not say what he really thinks!!

“The fickle fans will say lots about me. They don’t have a clue about football really. The people that matter, they know what I bring to the team” - Barnsley captain Cauley Woodrow

There you go!!
    He is absolutely spot on, football fans are fickle there is no doubt about that & I see nothing wrong with his opinion, I would much sooner someone be honest & upfront than someone who sugar coats & says what people want to hear, the people of Bansley have always respected people being straight & I respect your opinion , I do not go along with it but I respect it . I believe his goal record suggests that he is championship class & I will be amazed if he leaves it will be to a club from a league lower as you say he is division one all day long , my bet would be that he will go to a club of at least championship level , we will see, hopefully he stays with us .

He is absolutely spot on, football fans are fickle there is no doubt about that & I see nothing wrong with his opinion, I would much sooner someone be honest & upfront than someone who sugar coats & says what people want to hear, the people of Bansley have always respected people being straight & I respect your opinion , I do not go along with it but I respect it . I believe his goal record suggests that he is championship class & I will be amazed if he leaves it will be to a club from a league lower as you say he is division one all day long , my bet would be that he will go to a club of at least championship level , we will see, hopefully he stays with us .
    My point is though, I have an opinion of him, which in his words make me fickle and dont have a clue about football. I have been watching football longer than he has been on the planet and would like to think I know my onions when it comes to football - just because I havent played it professionally doesnt make my opinion invalid. He says this but still takes a wage from the so called 'fickle fans'. What he means is he doesnt like an opinion that isnt massaging his ego

I can justify my criticisms on him. Goalscoring record wise - have a look at it in the championship compared to L1 - it smacks of a L1 striker to me. Let me put it this way, I wouldnt class Jon Macken as one of the best strikers I've seen, but he eclipses Woodrow

In terms of people from Barnsley being straight with comments etc, then this is okay to a point until it crosses a line or suits their narrative.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast