+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brittain

What ever comes out of Woodrow's mouth will not improve him as a player so that does not concern me at all. He can call me what he wants, as it should be with him, its water off a ducks back. What does concern me is the fact, he does point a lot, plays with his shorts, gives countless free kicks away, cannot control or trap a ball, is woeful at passing and hasn't scored enough in open play this season. I cannot knock his dedication and hard work when he's been our top scorer for the last few seasons, but alas I feel its time for a move. He needs a new club to commit to and find his scoring form again and we need new blood to give a boost to fans and club alike. I believe he is a league 1 striker but think it'll be a championship club that takes him.

I have never made my mind up about Brittain. Sometime he produces a standout moment , a moment when the planets aline and he waltzes past players into a shooting position and its only a excellent save from the keeper that prevents a goal. The trouble is that's once a blue moon and are too few and far between, but just when I have given up on him he goes and produces another "magic" moment. Its the long time between those moments that is so frustrating. The sky-high shots, the over hit crosses, the wayward passes, the giving away of the ball too easily. If he can't produce the goods regularly he too should be allowed to move on and we should find a replacement. One who can make the keeper work a bit more, gets more of the crosses into the box, is able to pass to his teammates instead of short or misplaced passes and be able to take on a man without losing the ball, all of which Brittain is guilty of.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123