+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky have moved 2 of our Saturday games to a Monday night

Sky have moved 2 of our Saturday games to a Monday night

Outrageous, this season will certainly be my last as a season ticket holder, television completely disrespects supporters (i.e. those that actually go to matches) and has ruined it for me. My ticket this season has been a total waste of money. Not only does Sky not give a damn about us but neither does the Club; it is about time that the Clubs and the EFL took a stand and insisted that televised matches are spread evenly across all clubs. It won’t happen, though, greed has permeated everywhere and the EFL is no exception. F*** ‘em!

Thanks - have now changed the date for the Monthly Double for February. Can't SKY see the issues they cause when they do this!!

Yes they can but they don’t give a s**t.

We have 5 matches in Feb, 3 away, 2 at home. The 2 at home are as has been said moved to Monday night.
    Its appalling. The attendances are suffering as a result and I will question whether to buy a Season Ticket next time around.
    It wouldn't be so bad if they were a different time on a Saturday or even a Sunday, but both on Monday night, its not on.

Its also announced on the WBA site
    https://www.wba.co.uk/news/february-...ions-confirmed
    Its not as if they even seem to care.
    It would be nice if they said they apologise to anyone this may inconvenience and any season ticket holders who want their money back for the game can have it.

I'm really pleased that I didn't buy a season ticket this year, the first time in years. That doesn't alter the fact that I think that it's disgraceful what is going on. As has already been stated, money talks. As we've seen during Covid, football is nothing without the fans but that doesn't appear to concern Sky or the club as long as they can get their money, one way or another. It's all centred on the arm chair fan. To be honest, due to the number of games that have been altered fans should demand a refund on their season ticket because that is not what they signed up for because the original fixture list, when published, has no resemblance to the date and times that the games are actually played. What other sport treats their fans like this?

Have just read that the Bournemouth game has also been moved to a midweek game due to FA cup clash

This is so wrong, attendances are dropping, moving games from 3pm to midweek means that anyone with young school age kids can’t really attend and many that like me have quite the journey struggle, TV games should be agreed months in advance and shared with a maximum number of home games. Really struggle to see what Sky bring to the party, and please don’t say nice stadiums as that is factually wrong and often used to support the money grabbing rape of our sport.

These dates moving plus the shocking football will surely result in dramatically reduced season ticket sales next season, certainly if Val is still here and the same owners not investing

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)