+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wood gone

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Am with you CIB , the fact it’s evaded us for years to sort that out worries me , I’m not sure how well line up
    Saturday.

Still think Dyche will go now
    He might end up at Newcastle, when Eddie gets the sack after spending all this money on ****e

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    NUFC are trying to unsettle BFC which they think will seal our fate and their survival.Get Mr Pace on a European tour and bring in a Cornet Clone and midfield playmaker.
    How good would that be if the Toon sealed their own fate by signing Wood and paid for our next 2 refreshments

I think that Saturday will be toxic if there are no moves made or mooted.

I had to smile reading Martin Samuel in the Mail this morning, he said he was bemused by the Wood to Newcastle rumour, "Why on earth would Burnley wish to lose one of their most important assets ?', 'Why would they want to solve a problem for Newcastle ?'. 'The whole business seems incredibly naive'.

Why ? It's you that's incredibly naive Martin I thought, one five letter word beginning with M would explain why. If Newcastle front up, he's gone. He may well be a top sports journo but he knows feck all about Burnley.

Just been reading that Tripps and Wood have the same agent, and while he was sorting the Tripps deal he happened to mention that Wood would not be averse to a move as well if they wanted him. And they quickly decided they did. So it wasn't that Newcastle approached Burnley, I doubt they thought we'd let him go, it was Wood's agent that tipped them off that we would.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

A sh-t storm is coming.

lets hope the elements are with us - Army !

...or, we have the strength to ride it.

Eddie has obviously been looking at Wood's record over his seasons at Burnley and has noted that from his 19 th league game of the season he has scored goals.
    2017/18 game 19 to 27 = 6 goals: 2018/19 game 19 to 34 = 9 goals: 2019/20 game 19 to 32 = 7 goals and 2020/21 game 19 to 39 =9 goals.
    Over 67% of his goals have come in the second half of the season and this season he is in exactly the same position that he was last season with 3 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Eddie has obviously been looking at Wood's record over his seasons at Burnley and has noted that from his 19 th league game of the season he has scored goals.
    2017/18 game 19 to 27 = 6 goals: 2018/19 game 19 to 34 = 9 goals: 2019/20 game 19 to 32 = 7 goals and 2020/21 game 19 to 39 =9 goals.
    Over 67% of his goals have come in the second half of the season and this season he is in exactly the same position that he was last season with 3 goals.

there's someone in the 3rd division with stats very similar to that, perhaps even better - Sub.

I am happy for Chris Wood, this is a good move for him. Bigger wages, signing on fee, Tripps whipping the crosses in, a club with serious ambition, a superb ground, fanatical support, and as Sub will confirm, he's going to be living in one of the nicest parts of the country amongst good people.

I would think Chris is a very happy bunny tonight, he must feel like a millstone has been removed from around his neck.

on top of all that....he's getting back together with Hendick.

meet the team !

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I am happy for Chris Wood, this is a good move for him. Bigger wages, signing on fee, Tripps whipping the crosses in, a club with serious ambition, a superb ground, fanatical support, and as Sub will confirm, he's going to be living in one of the nicest parts of the country amongst good people.

I would think Chris is a very happy bunny tonight, he must feel like a millstone has been removed from around his neck.
    Spot on the money Sinks, and well done him, We had 4 or 5 years great service but time to move.
    Hope our plan can be delivered and the fruits can be quickly ripened. Clever business, a gamble given the timing but clever!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)