+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Dick Emery ???
    Correct!! We have a winner. Prize to be announced......

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Frankie Howerd - the bloke off old Tv who dressed as a Roman servant wearing a dodgy syrup of fig [ wig Spaldy].
    Too bad that wasn’t correct.

Can’t use his “A funny thing happened on the way to the forum” gag.

(But does anyway)

Some good and funny stuff! Learned some new words. Thanks

Dialects appear to have been minimized by the internet but some that come to mind that don’t occur much in the US unless around UK expats

Bonnet
    Lift
    Lorry
    Bollox
    ****er
    Fig. Learned that today
    Fags.

Spanner is unique since it covers a range of tools we call sockets, box wrench, open end wrenches, crescent wrenches as well as just being a tool in general like being an ass or dickhead

Amazing how many English words I drop into French conversation innocently & produces folks staring at me as they sure translate into some totally different meanings.

Classic recently was referring to Boris Johnson as Bojo - apparently translated into French as a rather 'dark art form' performed by night working ladies of entertainment in my nearby port of Nantes.

One more from the English urban dictionary for you, Spaldy.

Chris Wood is just a poundshop Harry Kewell.

Guy has no loyalty or desire to help a team and will just go where the money is, first chance he has had to jump ship and he has gone in the middle of their relegation battle. Left us and refused to play.

Tough for Burnley but honestly think they're going down anyway so to get 25m now for him is great business, hope they can reinvest that and stay up at Newcastle expense now.

Wonder if they will start playing like Burnley now 😆

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Chris Wood is just a poundshop Harry Kewell.

Guy has no loyalty or desire to help a team and will just go where the money is, first chance he has had to jump ship and he has gone in the middle of their relegation battle. Left us and refused to play.
    Agree completely. Just like that other guy, Charlie Taylor. Now what club does he play for? Burnley I think. Wont be surprised if he jumps ship too.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    You make my nuts tighten.

Sorry, it (the spanner) makes my nuts tight.

'You are awful, but I like you'. Name him in one.... Prize for 1st.
    How far has comedy gone downhill since those days? Your lot Mrs Brown F off Winny lol the *******! make benny hill innocent. BTW Andy and Billy I love Mrs. Brown Boys and a lot of Irish shows which I watch on our ABC channel like the BBC without any fees lol.
    Brassic and the young offenders are a couple of recent ones I have watched which made me laugh.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)