+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cody Drameh

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    Apparently he's removed everything Leeds from his Web accounts. He should make himself familiar with the name Bailey Peacock-Farell.
    He would rather play for Cardiff in the Championship than be a squad player at Leeds
    I am sorry that is self before team, he will never play for Leeds again, hopefully he impresses and we make a profit on the sale
    Goodbye Cody!

Can understand Drameh leaving for reg 1st team football on loan, but Orta & co scouted him / got him from Fulham, looking towards the future. Ayling & Dallas not getting any younger, Shack, still unsure if he can make it at Prem level, so Drameh could have much to play for and prove etc. We do seem, in a number of cases quick to judge, without giving fair time to develope and improve, yet with a small squad / and for most transfer budget, never seem prepared to have suitable replacements in line.

Whilst I have no problem with Players wanting to go on loan for more 1st team playing time. I do have a problem with players who cannot accept that as a squad member you may not play every game and are willing to "walk out" on their parent club when they are in dire need of all the fit players they can get.

All my family (well Dad's side mostly, Mum's family were/are Scottish and have different team loyalties) are Leeds through and through and I have literally been brought up with "If you do not want to play for Leeds....then sod off. We only want those who want to be here".

I cannot understand why someone would rather be at a Championship Club in 20th place with no 100% guarantee of regular 1st team playing time than be at a Club in the Premier League, learning from a Coaching Icon, getting a chance to play against some of the top teams in the English Premier League and just simply being a part of something special.

So, in a nutshell I am of the opinion that he shouldn't come back as I personally would always wonder where his loyalties lay.

Quote Originally Posted by wortleygirl View Post
    Whilst I have no problem with Players wanting to go on loan for more 1st team playing time. I do have a problem with players who cannot accept that as a squad member you may not play every game and are willing to "walk out" on their parent club when they are in dire need of all the fit players they can get.

All my family (well Dad's side mostly, Mum's family were/are Scottish and have different team loyalties) are Leeds through and through and I have literally been brought up with "If you do not want to play for Leeds....then sod off. We only want those who want to be here".

I cannot understand why someone would rather be at a Championship Club in 20th place with no 100% guarantee of regular 1st team playing time than be at a Club in the Premier League, learning from a Coaching Icon, getting a chance to play against some of the top teams in the English Premier League and just simply being a part of something special.

So, in a nutshell I am of the opinion that he shouldn't come back as I personally would always wonder where his loyalties lay.
    Hey Wortley- seems to be bang in line with what MB said in his press conference

MB got stuck into the snowflake at his presser. Though i suspect its not a big Dramah for El Loco.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Well traits you offered could also be well placed with mr Firpo why not send him to the 4th tier to learn his craft instead of an up-and-coming player who cost f all compared to the other.
    Because Firpo has proven himself before and has the attitude to work and learn, Drameh clearly thinks he has some god given right to be starting because he had one underwhelming performance against Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by wortleygirl View Post

Agreed with this and to me he just stinks of a player who the second he became anything half decent he'd be angling for a move anyway. Best case scenario for me is a great loan for him and then one next season and we sell him for a tidy profit.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    MB got stuck into the snowflake at his presser. Though i suspect its not a big Dramah for El Loco.
    I see what you did there.
    It is a particularly strange move because Cardiff play with 3 at the back. Basically 3 centre backs, a formation Drameh would not have played much. The right "centre back" and right wing back are regulars and have not missed too many games. So, unless the manager is going to rest regular players or they get injured or he thinks these specific players are out of form, Drameh will be sitting on the bench. I think Drameh simply wanted to go - anywhere. Maybe it was Bielsa, maybe it was the tough training schedule, but it wasn't solely to get regular playing time.

Sounds from the messaging as if his agent was possibly a large part of this. I guess the MB stance is a message to the rest of them - if you want to be a Drameh Queen then cya

Drameh playing today, booked 0-1 down home to Blackburn

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)