+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cody Drameh

Cody Drameh

Rumour (and Sky Sports News) has it that he is off to Cardiff on loan any day now.

Given that we are in the midst of the biggest injury crisis since Culloden, why in the name of all that's Holy would we be letting him go now? I though he did quite well when he came on against Wet Spam. Maybe Bielsabub has found a couple of 9 year olds in the cupboard?

Shackleton must be close to recovery

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Shackleton must be close to recovery
    Maybe, but he will obviously injure himself in the warm up for his first game back

Looks like player and agent pushed for a loan move too as he wants regular first team football to kick on. Like his ambition and desire to improve.

From my perspective, though he looks like a promising player he looks like he has a lot to learn defensively. He looks strong and good going forward but gets done quite easily when defending, this loan will be perfect for him to get first team games and properly hone his skills against adults rather than kids.

We've got plenty of cover at right back and can adjust in that area pretty well, for me in the long term I'd rather see Drameh out getting regular games and getting him ready for us to replace Ayling than getting the odd game here and there and never really developing his skills for the first team.

By some accounts, Bielsa wasn't best pleased with how this all happened and, though there doesn't appear to be a formal loan-to-sell clause in place with Cardiff, Drameh may have done himself no favours if he is looking to return if Marcelo is still at the helm.

As others have said, too bad, as there does seem to be a promising player in there given time.

Aye just seen Bielsa pre match conference.

To be honest, I'd rather we had players there wanting to fight for their place and bide their time, it seems to me that Drameh thinks he is better than he is or is entitled to be in the starting 11 which he isn't as I said before he has looked suspect defensively a few times when he has played and needs to brush up on this.

Struijk and Meslier both bided their time and now look at them, sometimes kids have to realise just because you make one or two appearances it doesn't guarantee you to be an immediate starter.

Hopefully he goes to Cardiff, gets a bit of an awakening that he maybe isn't as good as he thinks he is, works on his game and gets a lot of game time then comes back to us with a better head on his shoulders. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a snake of an agent hoping he'd be playing loads so he could try get him a move in a year or two to fill his own pockets as well.

Apparently he's removed everything Leeds from his Web accounts. He should make himself familiar with the name Bailey Peacock-Farell.

Maybe he just wants to play football - being part of the match day squad for the first team
    means less game time for the u23 - not necessarily a bad thing for him to go out on loan and he does look like he has a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    From my perspective, though he looks like a promising player he looks like he has a lot to learn defensively. He looks strong and good going forward but gets done quite easily when defending, this loan will be perfect for him to get first team games and properly hone his skills against adults rather than kids.

We've got plenty of cover at right back and can adjust in that area pretty well, for me in the long term I'd rather see Drameh out getting regular games and getting him ready for us to replace Ayling than getting the odd game here and there and never really developing his skills for the first team.
    Well traits you offered could also be well placed with mr Firpo why not send him to the 4th tier to learn his craft instead of an up-and-coming player who cost f all compared to the other.
    Last edited by ozleeds; 14-01-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)