+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No mention

If I was Dykes I would remain at QPR for now.

No chance will he be going to Newcastle.
    They'll be desperately after experience at EPL level.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Yes I mean that Threefivetwo........................but more importantly there is the small matter of the sell-on clause as far as Queens are concerned.

Let's hope its a bidding war with Newcastle raising the stakes.........that's what surprises me that no one seems excited at the prospect of a very large windfall coming to Palmerston Park.
    We wont get any sell on as we already would have had that when he went to QPR. We will be totally out of the equation.

Livingston are the club who will be due any sell on.

I could see him doing very well at a club like Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    We wont get any sell on as we already would have had that when he went to QPR. We will be totally out of the equation.

Livingston are the club who will be due any sell on.

I could see him doing very well at a club like Palace.
    You never know what the deal was between Livi , Dykes and Queens. Extra add ones happen quite often . Hewitson is many things but he’s not silly 😉😉

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Breaking news - Queens made a £719,000 PROFIT last season ( up until 31st May )

Mainly down to government grants and the extra money received from the sale of big Dykes.
    AGM behind closed doors yet again but a message to say that they are aware of the discontent regarding the board and stated the following :-

"Finally, we are aware that a section of the fan base feels that change is required at Board level. The Board has
    been actively looking at succession planning for some time and would welcome feedback from shareholders as
    regards credible proposals for the future running of the club".

So if anyone has any suggestions regarding new Board members now is the opportunity to make them and if you are not a shareholder I am sure that the sensible ones will be forwarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    AGM behind closed doors yet again but a message to say that they are aware of the discontent regarding the board and stated the following :-

"Finally, we are aware that a section of the fan base feels that change is required at Board level. The Board has
    been actively looking at succession planning for some time and would welcome feedback from shareholders as
    regards credible proposals for the future running of the club".

So if anyone has any suggestions regarding new Board members now is the opportunity to make them and if you are not a shareholder I am sure that the sensible ones will be forwarded.
    Basically speaking it’s put up or shut up 🤐

It’s also interesting to note that the club already expect to make a six figure loss next year and the profit will be used to replace the pitch and try to retain out FT status.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Basically speaking it’s put up or shut up 🤐
    I'm reading it as "we'll step down if you want without any issues, so come forward and set out your ambitions for the club and we'll do a deal"

I'm afraid they'll be getting met with a wall of silence. Plenty of folk wanting rid of them but no viable solution to speak of. And I'm not a fan of the board either

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    I'm reading it as "we'll step down if you want without any issues, so come forward and set out your ambitions for the club and we'll do a deal"

I'm afraid they'll be getting met with a wall of silence. Plenty of folk wanting rid of them but no viable solution to speak of. And I'm not a fan of the board either
    You’re 100% correct here.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post

True but it would be nice if someone with fresh ideas stepped up to the plate to inject some freshness into the club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)