+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas leccy and green agenda

I assume that the posters on this board realise that domestic gas and electricity customers are ultimately paying for the cost of the installation of smart meters including the useless 1st generation meters which do not work if a person changes to different electricity or gas billing company.
    When my father received his free new boiler and radiators deal he also received a 1st generation smart meter. He also received a small machine which was plugged into an electric socket. This machine lit green when he used little electricity, orange when he used more electricity and red when he was using a lot of electricity.
    An electrician came to do a job in his house and told him to throw this small machine in the bin as all it was doing was costing him electricity to run it. Most people know when they are using more electricity as they are using an electric cooker to cook a meal or boiling a 3 KW kettle. One of the hidden costs of electricity bills is people leaving things like TVs on standby especially during the night instead of switching it off.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have known about this problem about domestic gas and electricity customers having to pay an extra eight per cent of their gas and electricity bills to pay for the feed in tariff payments to everyone who has a solar panel and wind turbine(s)for about ten years. We are also paying for the cost of making payments to wind farm owners when they are asked to switch off their wind turbines when there is a too much electricity being produced.
    I first noticed it when I was looking at my father’s electricity and gas bills which he received by post as he did not have a computer.
    After noticing this extra charge on domestic gas and electricity bills I had a letter published in the Islay Community newspaper The Ileach highlighting this problem which was increasing the cost of electricity bills (there is no mains gas on the island) and advising that domestic electricity customers were paying an extra 8% on their quarterly bills to pay for the cost of social tariffs, and paying the cost of the feed in tariffs to people who had solar panels, wind turbines and companies who own wind farms.
    The EU bureaucrats also insisted that the U.K. government charged a minimum of 5% VAT on all domestic Gas, Electricity and Heating Oil bills as one of the rules of the U.K. being a member of the EU.
    In my letter I stated that all social tariffs and payments for feed in tariffs for electricity produced by solar panels, wind turbines and these hideous wind farms should be paid by central taxation.
    Needless to say there were no replies to my letter because the Ileachs never complain about anything until it is too late.
    Since then it has got worse as the SNP controlled Scottish Government have been hell bent in granting planning permission for nearly every large scale wind farm development. These clowns at Holyrood do not seem to realise that in an independent Scotland the cost of electricity and gas bills will increase in price as there are a lot more wind farms in Scotland per head of population than in the rest of the U.K. who are currently effectively subsidising Scottish domestic electricity and gas customers in tne social tariff element of their bills.
    There does not appear to be a social tariff in heating oil bills which only show the cost per litre of heating oil purchased plus VAT of 5%.
    Gonna get worse from Feb.

I did some rough calculations and I will almost be as much for my energy in the spring summer this year as I was for my energy last winter.

The Green party bringing permanent winter to Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Gonna get worse from Feb.

I did some rough calculations and I will almost be as much for my energy in the spring summer this year as I was for my energy last winter.

The Green party bringing permanent winter to Scotland.
    The only saving grace is that from 1st April 2022 onwards people will not be using their central heating as much as they are using it in the cold winter months. In the past two years the energy price cap has gone up and down. In hindsight it probably would have been better to leave it unchanged during that period but it is likely that the owners of the these electricity billing companies would award themselves huge payouts instead off holding on to the profits for a rainy day.
    The Green Party are a disaster but they are going to get a shock when they discover that as part of the power sharing agreement with the SNP they are now part of the cover ups by the SNP Government.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)