+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VAR WHip Round for Chesterfield ?

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    I think the most upsetting thing about payments during lockdown was the amount Boreham Wood goy.
    Was it £16000 less than us when their crowds were 700 compared to ours.
    You looked where they are now and I think they were laughing all the way to the bank.
    Am I wrong about this?
    I'd like to fully blame the national league but the minister in charge of sports at the time just so happened to be the MP for Boreham Wood... Something fudgy went on there. I do wonder if the EFL would say something if BW get promoted, no way are they going to be sustainable

Arsenal FC use Boreham Wood’s ground for all their Ladies team matches together with all their youth matches. A good source of income, and I believe that Arsenal also oversee the maintenance of the pitch.

I think the most upsetting thing about payments during lockdown was the amount Boreham Wood goy.
    You looked where they are now and I think they were laughing all the way to the bank.
    Am I wrong about this?
    These were the figures released at the time, quoted in The Athletic …

“Just over 60 per cent of the funding would go to the 23 National League clubs; Chesterfield, Hartlepool United, Notts County, Stockport County, Torquay United, Wrexham and Yeovil Town were told they would receive £95,000 a month, with the 16 others assured of £84,000 a month.

“National League North and South clubs, meanwhile, would bank much less. Chester, Dulwich Hamlet, Hereford, Maidstone United and York City were assured of a monthly cheque for £36,000, with every other club allotted £30,000.”

This is the particularly galling part about Boreham Wood:

“Boreham Wood, who are based in the parliamentary constituency of Hertsmere, led by Oliver Dowden, the secretary of state for DCMS, have undeniably been non-League football’s biggest winners this week.

“Despite an average attendance of 724 in 2019-20, which would perhaps equate to roughly £10,000 per home game, they can expect cheques totalling £252,000 over the next three months.”

Am I wrong about this?
    Nope. Scandalous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12