+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Worrying

Worrying

I heard on the discussions leading up to last nights games that there are serious issues at the club with regards to the academy players and contracts with Zac Williams being the latest to refuse to put pen to paper, did anybody else hear that last night ?

Also the Dale deal may still go ahead with Blackpool

Kayne Ramsey return to Southampton was a bit of a surprise considering he was playing regularly when fit and doing on the whole quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I heard on the discussions leading up to last nights games that there are serious issues at the club with regards to the academy players and contracts with Zac Williams being the latest to refuse to put pen to paper, did anybody else hear that last night ?

Also the Dale deal may still go ahead with Blackpool

Kayne Ramsey return to Southampton was a bit of a surprise considering he was playing regularly when fit and doing on the whole quite good.
    I heard Zac was wanted by Brighton! We're in an unexpected difficulty with him as no-one will have thought he'd be a first team regular and watched by scouts at this stage of his U-18 year. Usually they don't offer them contracts till the summer, but worth trying to sign up Salisbury, Tabiner and Riordan too as they're coming on so well.

Ramsey must have requested that move for himself, seeing as he disappeared without a word. There have been rumours around the
    academy players for a few months. It needs to be sorted quick. As he is a regular, Williams should be offered the best terms we can give him plus a long contract. I agree that we have to take a 'gamble with the other 3 too. In fact, as so much has been said about that youth squad, things should be fast-tracked. It only takes one (take a bow Ryan Wintle!) to upset the apple cart so don't allow things to fester.