+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Midget gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    John2, no offence intended but you sound a troubled soul.
    Do you think? I found his answers quite interesting and engaging.
    He left most of the answers open ended to invite debate.

Knowing my luck I'd end up pitching tiny tent next to him and my wife would get mightily pissed off with me. 🤣🤣

Midget gems, once I start a bag, I have to eat them all.

Why is it you get the same weight in Wine gums, Fruit salads & Midget gems, yet fruit salads
    & Wine gums cost more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Midget gems, once I start a bag, I have to eat them all.

Why is it you get the same weight in Wine gums, Fruit salads & Midget gems, yet fruit salads
    & Wine gums cost more.
    Not traditional one's but only 40p a bag ffs

https://groceries.asda.com/product/j...s/910003081383

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Do you think? I found his answers quite interesting and engaging.
    He left most of the answers open ended to invite debate.

Knowing my luck I'd end up pitching tiny tent next to him and my wife would get mightily pissed off with me. ����
    The reactions are one of the things I find most fascinating.

All human beings on the planet live in bubbles.

The people are Rotherham are no exception. Some individuals surround themselves with people and information that reiterates their worldview unchallenged.

One of the things I find most fascinating on here is how people react to the reasoned discussion that contradicts their previous assumptions. The variance between different individuals is just fascinating.

Some like Grist go through various different stages. He's had his throwing a wobbly and blocking me phase, he's had his snide comments to everything I say, now he's going through a cute phase of saying he agrees with everything I post. It's really interesting to observe!

GM I quite enjoy too, he'll get into an argument, make poor points, lose, disappear for a few months then come back genuinely thinking he's got some sort of "gotcha", only to realise he's at exactly the same stage he was before.

Brin literally just doesn't know how to interpret my long and admittedly rambling and boring post here. He seems to genuinely believe that someone of my position must have issues, and fair enough! We're all human, I think we all do to some extent.

All quite different reactions, all equally interesting to me if you take a step back and look at it from a psychological perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Surely in this instance they are pandering to a tiny element of society as opposed to the masses?
    Yes apologies I meant pandering to the few not the masses.

It's OK Black Jack's are still available !

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Not traditional one's but only 40p a bag ffs

https://groceries.asda.com/product/j...s/910003081383
    Midget gems cheap as chips at Aldi, compared to fruit salads.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    The reactions are one of the things I find most fascinating.

All human beings on the planet live in bubbles.

The people are Rotherham are no exception. Some individuals surround themselves with people and information that reiterates their worldview unchallenged.

One of the things I find most fascinating on here is how people react to the reasoned discussion that contradicts their previous assumptions. The variance between different individuals is just fascinating.

Some like Grist go through various different stages. He's had his throwing a wobbly and blocking me phase, he's had his snide comments to everything I say, now he's going through a cute phase of saying he agrees with everything I post. It's really interesting to observe!

GM I quite enjoy too, he'll get into an argument, make poor points, lose, disappear for a few months then come back genuinely thinking he's got some sort of "gotcha", only to realise he's at exactly the same stage he was before.

Brin literally just doesn't know how to interpret my long and admittedly rambling and boring post here. He seems to genuinely believe that someone of my position must have issues, and fair enough! We're all human, I think we all do to some extent.

All quite different reactions, all equally interesting to me if you take a step back and look at it from a psychological perspective.
    Interesting theory John.

I find people like you and Roly like to make out that everyone is up in arms about a topic or have an alternative motive for posting something. You then come across as oh no I’m not bothered by it and it’s almost like I’m only interested in the greater good when the reality is like the rest of us you have an opinion and you feel strongly.
    If you were to research the drama triangle I wonder which one you would class yourself as?

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    If you were to research the drama triangle I wonder which one you would class yourself as?
    If I had to boil down my complex and nuanced personality into one of just 3 types from some 1960s social model it would probably be the rescuer. But I don't think we really learn very much from this.

Mmmmm I disagree I think on this instance it’s critically relevant.
    Thanks for the response

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast